Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Foreskin growing together

User Profile
Has anyone ever noticed their son's foreskin growing together? I was changing Chandler a little while ago, and I noticed that his is almost completely grown together. He only has a small area left to pee out of. I am calling my doctor today to make an appointment, but was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to their infant.

Thanks,

Mary
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nww
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Hmm I had my son circumsized the day he was born and he will be two weeks this weds, his penis looks fine now, not red anymore. Never seen what your describing though, sorry. Sad I hope all is fine!
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2008
Experienced User
Thanks, I looked online, some say its normal, others say its not. So, I am going to take him in to the doctor and see. In Canada, well Nova Scotia, they do not do circumsion anymore. So, unless your child has problems then they wont do anything or you can pay 1080 dollars to get it done. Pretty sad.
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2008
Experienced User
YIKES!!!

I'm in Canada and we only had to pay $200.
I have not heard of the foreskin growing together, but I suppose it could happen.
We had a problem with DS circ being "loose" which caused the head of his penis to kind of hide...so it almost appears to be uncircumsized.
The only advice I can give is to NOT retract the foreskin at all.
I think your doing the right thing taking him to the DR.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I did take him to the doctor and she gave us a steroid cream. It has opened it back up, and is continuing to do so. Apparently it is very common.

Did you have your littl guy circumsized right after birth? If you do not put the order in right away to have it done before they are 2 wks old you have to wait till they are 6 mths and then you pay the $1080 for it. Nuts as far as I am concerned.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Boy, They Get You Coming Or Going
That is outrageous to have to pay that kind of money, $1,080 for a circumcision. I thought Canada had national health care.

It seems people are no longer treated with any regard to giving this real consideration. Decide right now or you are out of luck and you will be penalized. Nuts as mayhi said.
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2008
Experienced User
We decided to get it done at birth so it was done before we left the hospital.

Glad to here the little man's ummmm...little man is doing better lol!
|

replied March 24th, 2008
Experienced User
I do think all boys should be automatically circumcised. It would prevent lot problems later in life.
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2008
Experienced User
I agree. It is such a pain because its all grown together again and he now has HUGE calcium deposits under the skin and along the sides of his penis that I cannot get to, to clean out. I am praying that he does not get an infection.
|

replied March 15th, 2009
PLEASE END MALE GENITAL MUTILATION
Not a single one of you know anything about the male penis. CUTTING OFF a part of your son's body? That is disgusting to me. How dare you make a decision like that for anyone. What you are doing is practicing accepted male genital mutilation. How would you like it if we cut off your labia? you get dirty and smelly down there too right? As a man who is blessed to still have is foreskin, I feel lucky that none of you were may parents.

The foreskin is a mass of nerve endings that make sex sooo much better. Also, the foreskin reduces friction during intercourse, it's there for a reason people!! Please do research, you will see that in the end, it's not worth cutting it off. The only reason that you mothers are cutting off a part of your child's penis is so you don't have to worry about it and clean it. I'd say that's vain and selfish reasons to disfigure your child. The ONLY reason to cut it off would be for severe medical reasons, and no other.

PLEASE END MALE GENITAL MUTILATION
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
I have to totally agree with recordslave, i do not think women should be allowed to make this decision for their children. None of you have any idea what it is like to have a penis in the first place, let alone weather it be circumsised or not, it is an outdated practice, as there is no benefit for it, other than because some religions accept it. The decision should be left upto your son, if he wants to have it done, the he should be able to make the decision himself to go and have it done. Most of you are only doing it as you think it looks better in your opinion, and use the its a health reason to convince yourself that it is the reason you did so.
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2009
Experienced User
i think everyone has there own opinion of it, and the people who chose to het it done shouldnt have to be attcked by people who are against it, my partner has it done, and his fine, our little boy though dosnt. my best mates little boy got it done, and his fine to.
|

replied June 9th, 2009
But was it there choice to get it done ??? No...
|

replied June 14th, 2012
Ghoulish and Gastly procedure
Any person who would have their son strapped to a board and get his penis mutilated and ruined (trust me) should be behind bars. Please you wonderful caring mothers, cut your daughters smelly vagina apart and sew it back together, we think it is best for girls. You know nothing about men's bodies.

This needs to be banned NOW!!!!
|

replied July 2nd, 2012
Community Volunteer
Plenty of youtube clips about baby circumcision and it don't look good.
Anyone saying they don't feel pain should watch them.
|

replied August 6th, 2012
Circumcision is 1 step from child sexual molestation and it should be illegal under 21, after then, you can decide for yourselves, like a boob job or are mothers going to start guessing there daughters are going to worry at 6 about the size of there rack at 16 and therefore get them silicone brest implants done at birth ??? Baby girl X is getting 38 DD implants NOW !
|

replied October 10th, 2012
Phimosis
My son has the same thing. It's called Phimosis and REQUIRES circumcision otherwise it will just keep coming back.Your insurance should cover it since it's not a regular circumcision, it's a major operation.

Now to those talking about it being mutilation...I'm getting really tired of hearing your crap. Do your freaking research! It's not done just for looks. Men that have not been snipped are at higher risk of STD's, HIV and infections. The foreskin is able to stay moist and harbor infections along with harmful bacteria. Stop your crap about chopping up a womens vagina...women tend to be cleaner then men when it comes to that kind of stuff to begin with. Cutting off the labia would not help keep it cleaner. You talk about sex being better? Well that all fine and dandy but if we cut off our labia, we would have a ball of nurves dangling outside our body. Your nurves are not hanging outside your penis so don't even try to compare.
|

replied January 14th, 2013
Community Volunteer
If circumcision reduced HIV why then does America have one of the highest cases of HIV infection and at the same time one of the highest cases of infant circumcision.

As for phimosis plenty of men cure it by stretching exercises.

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic84482. html
|

replied February 8th, 2013
It is a personal choice, meaning it is only up to the owner of the penis to make that decision for himself! Circumcision for religious reasons is nothing more than religious branding, if he chooses to follow that religion as an adult then he can consent to a circumcision. Circumcision provides no health benefits, it does not prevent STD's or UTI's (there is a very slight rise in UTI's in intact men, but nothing that can't be treated with antibiotics. Women get UTI's much more frequently than men, yet we aren't chopping off bits of baby girls, at least not anymore...female genital mutilation was legal until the late 1990's in America). Routine infant circumcision was introduced as a "cure" for masturbation because it lessens sexual pleasure.

Boys are being punished just for being born boys, it is sexism at its worst. Baby girls are now protected under federal laws, they cannot be circumcised in the states anymore, don't boys deserve the same respect and the right to keep their intact genital anatomy unless they decide differently when they are old enough to make an informed and consensual decision?

An infant only needs to lose 1 ounce of blood to be considered in a state of severe hemorrhage, and it only takes 2.3 ounces of blood loss to kill an infant. With today's ultra absorbent diapers, a baby could bleed to death before anybody noticed anything was wrong. Circumcision leads to so many issues later in life; such as buried penis, death, tissue/cell death (which can result in losing the entire penis), infection, painful erections due to having to much skin removed...and so much more.

True medically needed circumcisions are extremely rare, like 1 in 16,000 boys will need a medical circumcision. And even then, the boy would be old enough to be put under total anesthesia as well as take pain meds after. infant circumcisions are usually performed without any anesthesia because local anesthesia is hard to administer to such a small area and it is not very effective anyway. Some people say the baby did not cry at all, but that is because the baby was in shock and just shut down because that is the only way he could cope with the pain. Other babies scream and cry like you have never heard before, it is a cry the likes of which they will never cry again because it is the cry of complete and utter agony. Research before deciding to cut your innocent babies. I have two sons, both are circumcised because I was a young mother and simply did not know any better. The doctor said I should have it done and who am I to argue with the all knowing doctor, right? I wish so badly I had known better, had had the guts to challenge the status quo and save my boys from this unnecessary and painful mutilation. Any future sons will be left as nature intended. The foreskin is not a birth defect, it has a purpose. Stop mutilating baby boys.
|

replied February 8th, 2013
It is a personal choice, meaning it is only up to the owner of the penis to make that decision for himself! Circumcision for religious reasons is nothing more than religious branding, if he chooses to follow that religion as an adult then he can consent to a circumcision. Circumcision provides no health benefits, it does not prevent STD's or UTI's (there is a very slight rise in UTI's in intact men, but nothing that can't be treated with antibiotics. Women get UTI's much more frequently than men, yet we aren't chopping off bits of baby girls, at least not anymore...female genital mutilation was legal until the late 1990's in America). Routine infant circumcision was introduced as a "cure" for masturbation because it lessens sexual pleasure.

Boys are being punished just for being born boys, it is sexism at its worst. Baby girls are now protected under federal laws, they cannot be circumcised in the states anymore, don't boys deserve the same respect and the right to keep their intact genital anatomy unless they decide differently when they are old enough to make an informed and consensual decision?

An infant only needs to lose 1 ounce of blood to be considered in a state of severe hemorrhage, and it only takes 2.3 ounces of blood loss to kill an infant. With today's ultra absorbent diapers, a baby could bleed to death before anybody noticed anything was wrong. Circumcision leads to so many issues later in life; such as buried penis, death, tissue/cell death (which can result in losing the entire penis), infection, painful erections due to having to much skin removed...and so much more.

True medically needed circumcisions are extremely rare, like 1 in 16,000 boys will need a medical circumcision. And even then, the boy would be old enough to be put under total anesthesia as well as take pain meds after. infant circumcisions are usually performed without any anesthesia because local anesthesia is hard to administer to such a small area and it is not very effective anyway. Some people say the baby did not cry at all, but that is because the baby was in shock and just shut down because that is the only way he could cope with the pain. Other babies scream and cry like you have never heard before, it is a cry the likes of which they will never cry again because it is the cry of complete and utter agony. Research before deciding to cut your innocent babies. I have two sons, both are circumcised because I was a young mother and simply did not know any better. The doctor said I should have it done and who am I to argue with the all knowing doctor, right? I wish so badly I had known better, had had the guts to challenge the status quo and save my boys from this unnecessary and painful mutilation. Any future sons will be left as nature intended. The foreskin is not a birth defect, it has a purpose. Stop mutilating baby boys.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....