Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Did your boyfriend stay with you? (Page 1)

Stereotypically it seems in many teenage pregnancy cases the boyfriend runs.
What about you? did your boyfriend run? stay with you both? be there for the baby but didn't stay in a relationship with you?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2008
Supporter
Me and Dom are still together. It's been very hard especially with me having post natal depression but we're getting through it. I could ask for more from him
|

Experienced User
With my first pregnancy he darted after saying it was not his and I left the state.

With my next 3 pregnancies my boyfriend (now husband) did not run.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
my boyfriend and i were already engaged, and now were married yep yep

~alicia~
|

Extremely eHealthy
What percentage of teen mothers stay with their baby's father and eventually marry them?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Devon at first wanted to run but now he wants to be a part of his son's life..

We broke up "officially" 3 months ago, non-officially 4
|

Extremely eHealthy
princess6591 wrote:

So, did he dump the girlfriend?
|

Extremely eHealthy
futureshock wrote:
princess6591 wrote:

Nope, not yet... I'm still waiting for it to happen.. I don't think it'll happen till she goes off to college in the fall
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeap, he proposed when I was 5 months pregnant and we're still together. Living together now.
|

User Profile
Supporter
no he didnt run, he's still here, and we're still togeather
|

Especially eHealthy
still here Very Happy weve been together a year and a month (a little over that)

fuutureshock what percentage of ADULT mothers stay with thier married spouse then get divorced Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
Suzy, the point is that many younger BOYS run away. whether or not the relationship stands at least the ADULT men pay for their children and help to support them. Just because a couple breaks up does not mean that the man gets to run away from his responsibilities.
|

Especially eHealthy
iridescent_opal wrote:
Suzy, the point is that many younger BOYS run away. whether or not the relationship stands at least the ADULT men pay for their children and help to support them. Just because a couple breaks up does not mean that the man gets to run away from his responsibilities.

my dad has not payed one cent in child support to my mom. ever
my uncle has not payed one cent of child support to my aunt. ever.
my best friends dad has not payed one single cent or ever even CALLEd her since they got divorced. ever

when kristen was born travis had to sign a AOP document at the hospital that stated since we are common law married AND he understand and claims krissy that if ANYTHING ever happened he could not 1.)demand a DNA test and "claim" shes nto his (like some people do) 2.) get away with not paying child support. because i could STILL get child support from him.
does it mean just because someone will be oredered to pay for child support or told they should still contribute to thier children that they will? no, not always

im not saying that many younger boys dont run away, because i believe that 100%
at the hospital the social service lady said she doesnt see to many teen mothers with thier boyfriends/child father or ever thier OWN PARENTS there to support them.
no one should ever run away from thier responsabilities. weather they are married or not. no mom or dad should ever get away with it. unfortunately it happens all too much. married or not
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yes, but it is much more common for younger boys to run away. In most cases the husband does support the child after a marriage has been dissolved. My brother had a baby when he was a teen. he does not pay anything and has not seen her in years. My uncle paid for both his son and his step-daughter after his dovorce. See the difference?

I can see that quite commonly you use your life as a standard. Using facts and information from a more general population and not such a small selection tends to result in a more widely accepted and truthful post.
|

Especially eHealthy
princess6591 wrote:
futureshock wrote:
princess6591 wrote:

Nope, not yet... I'm still waiting for it to happen.. I don't think it'll happen till she goes off to college in the fall

how much older is she than him? is he going to college too?

and what does she think of all of this?
|

Especially eHealthy
my now husband was the one who wanted to get married, i wanted to wait til we could afford my dream wedding but instead we got married at the court house, next Dec will be 5 yrs married and we hope to have our wedding then
|

Experienced User
Re: Did your boyfriend stay with you?
16 father wrote:

What about you? did your boyfriend run??

Nope. We were going to get jobs and move out and get married because we were in LOVE DAMMIT!

That lasted until I got "fat and !**@!" (soo... a few weeks, I suppose).

16 father wrote:

stay with you both? ?

Nope. He transferred schools when I was a few weeks pregnant and I haven't seen him since. He wouldn't know my daughter if she walked up and smacked him in the face (and she's going through a phase right now that makes that entirely possible).

16 father wrote:

be there for the baby but didn't stay in a relationship with you?

Nope. If you see him you should tell him he owes my daughter some money! Laughing

In all seriousness. We were so young and it was sooo unplanned that both Lady and I are much better off without him. If he sought me out in a few years and demanded to be part of her life I'm not entirely sure I'd even let him (unless, of course my daughter wanted to know him).

He was a big mistake.

I would never sue for child support because I doubt he makes enough money to make it worth having him in our lives. However, I do sincerely hope that one day when my daughter is an adult she sues him for 18 years of back child support and uses the money to go to university.
|

i never went for child support either i feel she is better off without him but if she wants to meet him then i will handel it when the time comes
|

Extremely eHealthy
the_girlfriend wrote:
princess6591 wrote:
futureshock wrote:
princess6591 wrote:

how much older is she than him? is he going to college too?

and what does she think of all of this?

He's 19, she'll be 18 soon if not already....

i'm pretty sure she HATES me 1) because he cheated on her with me and 2) because he's having a baby with me.

He's in college and She graduates HS in May.
|

wow ouch.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...