About 5 hours ago I had a tooth filled. I understand that it will be sensitive for a while but what is making me nervous (and shows my vanity) is that a dimple I had in my cheek - same side as the filling - is no longer there. Is that common? Can I expect to get it back?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2008
Experienced User
I'm no dentist, but you might be a little swollen, still, either from the numbing meds or the trauma to the gum. It may not be enough to be readily noticable, but could be just enough to push the dimple out.
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
How're you feeling, now? Did your dimple return?
|

replied August 6th, 2012
Dimples missing after dental filling and root canal
i had a dental filling and a root canal 5 days ago , but only now that i noticed that my dimple is no longer visible. I don't know if it will be back. The dental assistant told me that it will surely comeback after the swelling, ( but the swelling is just little as of now). I'm really worried...any advised?
|

replied April 5th, 2015
Hey, did your dimple come back, I went to the dentist Three whole days ago. Im kinda freakin out cause I am no longer numb. Will I get my dimple back??
|

replied March 4th, 2013
Paopao,

Did your dimple ever return? I had an extraction on the side of one of my dimples and that dimple is gone now. I AM still swollen but I was wondering if I should expect my dimple to return. I have two deep dimples and they're kinda what makes me....me Smile
|

replied April 5th, 2015
Did your dimples ever come back??? My dimple is gone and I went to the dentist THREE days ago. I'm no longer numb, my gum is just a little sore from the shot... will I ever get my dimple back????
|

replied July 28th, 2015
Hello! I just went to the dentist on Friday (today is Tuesday the next week) and I haven't gotten my dimple back. It was just a routine filling that I've had before, but the cavity was in a tough spot so they had to numb my gums and it got rid of my dimple. Did any of you get your dimples back???
|

replied October 12th, 2016
I had two fillings on my left side, and the dentist had to put three shots to numb it all. I too noticed that my dimple on my left cheek disappeared and it started to appear after a week but it wasn't as strong, even after the swelling and pain went down. But now after two and a half weeks, it's completely back to normal. Dimples come back! It just takes a while
|

replied December 19th, 2017
I went to the dentist today and I can’t see my dimple.. the first time I got a filling I saw my dimples after the numbing went down.. the numbing is down & everthing and I don’t have my dimple on my right side. I have 2 deep dimples and now I only have 1 .. I want to sue them
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2018
it is a serious matter and about your looks as well.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....