User Profile
make the decison you did to have your baby and keep it?

did you consider any other decisions?

did you have any other children before and make any different decisions?

~alicia~
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2008
Supporter
I myself couldn't go through with an abortion, i know i would of regretted it and if i had decided on adoption i know i would of developed a bond with my baby in the womb. I believed in myself and my relationship to be strong enough to raise a baby.

Briefly. Me and Dom spoke and went trhough all the options and researched them before making our decision to keep Mika.

No, Mika was my first pregnancy
|

User Profile
Experienced User
The first time i had an abortion, i just knew by bf ( the same), i felt really bad about it, had a depression, the second one i knew i was pregnant the same day i had my abortion but one year after. I said to myself God is giving me an other chance.
So i kept my baby and i was in the end of my senior year in high school, and i was already in an appartment with my bf who was working.
|

Experienced User
I kept my baby because I knew we could make it work. We had each other and most of all we had our families.
I never considered abortion because I myself don't beleive in it (to an extent) I wouldn't have been able to do.
Adoption we discussed but decided neither of us could bare to not have our child.
This was my first pregnancy.
|

Especially eHealthy
Oh there was all that promise of love honor and cherish and I had no support system for any decision other than keeping the baby. There really wasn't any option I knew of other than keep the baby at that time.
|

Especially eHealthy

well because we knew we could support her. we knew we could do it. and because we had each others support and the support of our family as well Very Happy
if i was in no place finacially to take care of this child i would have aborted asap.

yep. nothing was set in stone for a few weeks.

yes. 9873875675235251218934898 of them. Laughing (im just kidding)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
1. i knew i could support her and i dont bleive in abortion for myself

2. i did consider adoption but i knew i could provide for her and i had support of my (now) husband and my family and his family (if we broke up i think his family would probably support me more then him lol)

3. this was the first and so far only

~alicia~
|

Extremely eHealthy
I kept her because Jacob and I could support her and I loved her from the second I knew I was pregnant. I never considered any other option, my friend was put up for adoption and was bounced around foster homes and raped in one of them. I could never put my daughter in a position where that could happen to her.

I was pregnant once before and aborted.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i knew i had family around to help and i knew i couldn't go through with an abortion or to give away my own child

no, it didnt even cross my mind to have an abortion or adoption

no
|

Especially eHealthy
I wanted to keep Macy because I knew we could take care of her but my mom convinced me I needed to abort her since I was very into sports. Sitting in the room at the clinic seeing those huge needles of stuff and the other women in the recovery area made me wanna vomit. I got up n put my pants on b4 the doc even left the room. told my mom I wasnt doing it and Im glad I didnt.
|

User Profile
Supporter
i knew i couldnt go threw with abortion, because its just not for me.. i did think about adoption, but i was scared he'd end up in a bad home. so we decided we would keep him. we knew we were strong enough and wouuld handle it

the answer in in th eabove

no i didnt.
|

Extremely eHealthy
To all of you who have responded so far, and who will respond after this post, I have a question:

What were your plans for your future before you got pregnant?
|

Especially eHealthy
futureshock wrote:
To all of you who have responded so far, and who will respond after this post, I have a question:

^^

same as they are now
finish homeschooling
vet tech degree

nothing has changed
aside the fact that my credits might have to be finished within the next 4 months instead of 2 Sad but thats ok!
|

Especially eHealthy
i didnt know what i wanted to be my concerns were where i was gunna go to get drunk or high next. i was failing most of my classes, staying out til whenever doing whatever, it really was for the better that I had Macy
|

replied January 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
futureshock wrote:

Same thing. Graduate high school, go to ASMT and become an accredited massage therapist, get a job at a resort, save up some money, move to Cali and get a job at a resort there. It's just been pushed ahead a bit, since before I planned on going the normal route and staying in school, but now I'm graduating a year early.
|

Especially eHealthy
Katrinadoodle wrote:
futureshock wrote:

Same thing. Graduate high school, go to ASMT and become an accredited massage therapist, get a job at a resort, save up some money, move to Cali and get a job at a resort there. It's just been pushed ahead a bit, since before I planned on going the normal route and staying in school, but now I'm graduating a year early.

me too!!!!!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm going to assume you meant the graduating a year early, because I've never heard of a message therapist that works on pooches.

Actually, wait, I have. Crazy Hollywoodites.
|

Extremely eHealthy
the_girlfriend wrote:
futureshock wrote:

^^

same as they are now
finish homeschooling
vet tech degree

nothing has changed
aside the fact that my credits might have to be finished within the next 4 months instead of 2 Sad but thats ok!

I didn't know you were homeschooling before you got pregnant.
How did you find out about homeschooling? Was Travis homeschooling before you got pregnant, too?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
make the decison you did to have your baby and keep it? I decided to keep Dante because I knew that it was my responsibility to take care of the child that I produced. I knew that my fiance would support me no matter what, but I trusted that everything would be okay.

did you consider any other decisions? Yes, for a brief time after I found out I considered abortion, although I knew I couldn't have actually gone through it. I was shocked and scared, and that's one option I could think about besides keeping him.

No, he was my first and only so far.

What were your plans for your future before you got pregnant? To finish my college degree and go on to nursing. And those are still my plans. I'm still doing full time at college and finishing up my junior year. It might just take an extra summer to finish then before.
|

Especially eHealthy
Laughing katrina

yes i ment graduating early

futureshick i dropped out in january and didnt find out i was pregnant til the end of april. i was already homescholling Smile i found out about it through travis because he was doing it for a year already.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...