Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Breast cancer - lump under my armpit

User Profile
I am 16 and I recently found a lump under my armpit. This sort of concerns me because a good family friend died of breast cancer a few years ago. The lump isn't too big but it has grown. It hurts when i move my arm and when I press on it. I have had a bad cold/sinus infection. Is that relevant? Also I had a surgery to replace my acl with a cadaver about 5 weeks ago and am not sure if that could also cause something? Please respond. Thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2008
Cancers Answer A3561
There are many possible diagnoses for the “lump under your armpit” ; you chose the worst one. A breast cancer can metastasize in the armpit’s lymph nodes, which can manifest as a lump under the armpit. But it is a very rare possibility in case of 16 years old girl. Other conditions conditions can cause “lump under the armpit” such as a: furuncle (ingrown hair), inflamed lymph node, fat gland cyst, skin tumor etc. You can consult your GP for a precise diagnosis.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.