User Profile
After my appointment today they wanted to admit me overnight and reassess in am for induction.
I managed to convince the dr to let me stay at home an rest all night and come back to the hospital in the morning, unless i have any symptoms overnight.
I am really really nervous about this, because I am not to into inductions. I hear they make contractions stronger, more painful, longer, and can cause stress on baby. And usually end up in C Section, specially if mother wasnt already in labor and we are starting from 'scratch'.
ough. Sometimes I wonder if it would be best to just go straight to a c section, or try the induction first????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I would definitely go with the induction. C-sections are much harder to recover from. Good Luck tomorrow!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
TRY INDUCTION FIRST!! Sorry. I had both and I strongly feel you should try the induction before going straight to c section. My labor was horrible when I was induced with my first child but I was only 1 cm dilated and hardly anything effaced. I also had back labor because my baby was sunny side up. That was horrible. It did not end up being a c section.My baby wasn't stressed. I was but the baby was just fine. Try not to stress ( ha ha) about the induction, if you need one. It is likely that your induction will go fine and you wont need a c section. I don't know your whole story, though. What does the doctor say?

My second was a c section. I had one planned but the c section happened earlier than expected - emergency c section. I was not induced. The c section wasn't that bad the recovery was horrible. I heard later that if you have a c section when you are already in labor, it makes it that much worse. If you have a scheduled c section, then the recovery isn't as bad. Anyone have both and agree?? The recovery wasn't fun. My baby was in NICU so I wouldn't be able to hold him anyways but if he wasn't in NICU, he would have been in the nursery the first night because I was so numb and drugged up from the c section I couldn't hold him. The second day and night, I was too much in pain and could hardly get up so the story may have been the same.

With the vaginal birth, I was able to move around almost immediately. I had no problems caring for my son. It was a wonderful bonding time.

I am so glad you were able to enjoy yourself and relax as much as possible at home tonight. You will be fine. I can't wait to hear about your birth story. That is how close you are...very very close. Mama, you are there.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thank you ladylee and mokey girl. I will keep you posted. I am too anxious to sleep, which is really not smart, specially if I spend the day laboring tommorow.
My gut is to try the induction as well.
With your induction ladylee, did you have to have an epidural? Were the contractions super strong????
I am 37 weeks and struggling with slight hypertension. The baby is ok so far, but I think they are trying to get baby out before it affects him and me. (its already affected me, but u know what i mean), keep me out of danger.
|

Especially eHealthy
If you haven't left yet, GOOD LUCK!!

I'm sure you'll be ok!!

Many hospitals give you doses of Pitocin in a natural way. What I mean is they don't just load you up with pitocin. They give you a little bit at a time. So they don't stress out the baby with loads of contractions allll at once. ya know?

I'll be thinking about you and your lil one!!!

Sarah
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...