I am not sure if I actually have Celiac or not. One year ago I started having textbook Celiac problems and my family doctor told me not to eat any wheat products. I had sinus surgery approx. 1 1/2 years ago and a major stressful event which I understand are triggers. Had the blood test done - negative, colonoscopy was negative, small bowel was inconclusive and stated "recent treatment or early onset celiac sprue". This made sense to me because I was on the gluten free diet for two to three months prior to the small bowel being completed. I am currently eating wheat/gluten products because all the tests will be repeated shortly and if the results are positive, someone might actually believe me instead of the normal "maybe you have Celiac." Anyway, I also think I am lactose intollerant (I have had that problem all my life) Now the new problem - My C Reactive Protein is really elevated, I have been told I have a complex cyst in my spleen and I am at the pre-diabetes stage. Are there any connections between Celiac and these new diagnoses? Any information will be appreciated. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Beebobee
|

replied March 14th, 2008
I really don't know the connections between the new diagnoses and Celiac. But i had celiac blood test. ONe came out negative and one came out postive... so i guess i have celiacs disease since the test are apparantly really strong. It's always best to go back and eat gluten and then get the tests to make the results certain. I didn't get an endoscopy to confirm my diagnoses though. I'm not sure waht a complex cyst is...or the function of the spleen...hm
|

replied June 1st, 2011
i have alot of the symptons an have bin in bad pain for years .no blood tests taken just pills given to me by a gastro dr. that i have seen a few times over the years. i had i b s. i had gall bladder removed, i had ulcer.colitis for years, now i also have diverticuosic i also have a bad back for years also with celiac now everything is out of control an the pain in my midsection back an front is unbareable at this point. my spleen is also slighty inflamed at this point also. one dr. says its my back the other dr. says its celiac?
|
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....