My boyfriend has degenerative disk disease. He doesn't get treatment for it or anything. A few hours ago he had severe pain and he cried because he feels impotent. He used to take vicoden for it but even that didn't work anymore so now doctors won't give him anything. All they say is he has to deal with it. He.s too stubborn to go and get therapy or anything so I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has this and how do you deal with the pain? Any tips on how I can help him?

I.ve even tried giving him heat therapy and it seems to make it worst.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2008
He must go to the doctor!!
|

so in the end no regrets! as soon as possible!! so what was it will cured ASAP!..
|

Experienced User
Oook...

Um most of the time he,s ok, just a little tightening and discomfert. But like on cold days or when he doesn't bend his knees it gets bad. I was wondering if electrode therapy would be ok. My mom has slipped disks and it works for her so I was wondering if it might work for him
|

if you think so that could help him then try! but if not just consult a doctor!
as you said he feels like he's an impotent that's why my suggestion is go and see a doctor can help you! maybe that is just other symptoms of sickness.
|
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...