User Profile
Hi everyone
I am 36.5 weeks, have high bp and have been having irregular contractions for about 6 hrs now. They are getting slightly more painful, but I can definately walk around with them etc, they feel like intense braxton hicks contractions. Tighting of the uterus with slightly more discomfort.
My water has not broken. No mucus plug has passed. My Vagina area ( I know too much info) just feels different...I cant explain why it just does. I kind of feel like I am on my period????
Just dont know if I should call the maternity unit or not. I dont wanna be embarassed and sent home with false labor or a bad case of braxton hicks???
Any sugestions, advice, experience?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2008
Supporter
I would def call just to make sure, even though you are so close to your due date those few weeks make so much more difference. When i was 35 weeks i woke up with what i thought were strong BH's and a strange sensation around my vagina and it turned out i had a UTI which if i'd left it any longer would have sent me into labour. Good luck!!!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
hmmm, well I definatley know that I dont have a UTI cause a urine spec was done last week.
This false labor has been going on for more then 12hrs now, that possible????
Your little girl is adorable by the way Dannzibelle!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yes it is possible. I agree though. Call your doctor. It could be very possible your just having a hard time dialating or softening up. Sound like your getting ready though. At 36+ weeks, I would not let anythig go by without calling you doctor and maybe even going in to be checked. Childbirth has a mind of it's own and don't really care what day it is. Be safe a get this little one checked out. Ultra sound will tell if he/she is breech or head in canal yet. Might be trying to make a 360 for crowning position. If you break water at anytime, don't stop to collect $200.00. Go right to the hospital!
|

replied January 19th, 2008
If in doubt then give the labour ward or mw a ring. I had a show on the monday and started having braxton hicks/slight contractions from the tuesday night, i went to hospital on the thursday and was sent home saying i wasn't in labour. Then friday night i was crying with the pain of contractions that my dh rung them and i went back in to find i was 3cm dialated.

Im sure they wont mind, but sounds like baby will be here soon - Good Luck x
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...