User Profile
I have a twin, and it seems my mom is either constintly trying to find the littlest thing wrong to kick him out, or trying to find some reasion to kick me out! Since i was 16 my mom has been so mean. for 7 months straight i was in a very deep depression, and constantly thought of suicide ( up until i was 18, im 19 now and dont get that depressed) I was afraid to do anything in my house that might be seen by my mom as a reasion to kick me out. for 2 years i wasnt aloud to leave the house except to go to school, when went to the store i had to have someone with me, i wasnt aloud to hang out, couldnt watch tv, play on the computer, or any game system, got intruble if i read couldnt talk on the phone i was so depressed. We go through a couple months here and there were my mom and i get along, but now im back around to her trying to find a reasion to kick me out again.

Heres what happend today, my mom is a clean freak, so we clean alot. We have this huge heavy glass table that has really thin legs so its easy to vaccume under, well every week she makes me move the table to the other side of the room to vaccume where it is. Well this morning i was thinking about it and decided it didnt make sence to me to move it every week, so i asked her why we move it every week. She lost it! totaly started yelling at me, calling me lazy and got super pissed! I tould her im sorry i didnt mean to make you mad, i was just woundering. I didnt have an additued when i spoke to her, and tryed to sound friendly, i was totaly shocked she was yelling at me! I cook, i clean, im going to college and i work, im deffntly not lazy.

So every little thing i did she started yelling at me for, last time she did this i was in tears and she was threating to throuw me out. i cant afford to get thouwn out, i spent all of my money paying for school and books, i dont even have a dime, so i cant afford to live on my own. So i decided to let her cool off and went over to Aj's for the day, i came home after school and my bro was telling me how my dad is really mad at me and saying that he's gunna have a "talk" with me, idk what my mom tould him, but all i did was ask y we move the table every week..

I really dont know what to do. Do you think she is over reacting, or did i do soemthing wrong and just dont realize its wrong. Im starting to get really depressed again, and i cant be like that and still put all my effort in school.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2008
Experienced User
So ive been avoiding her, giving her space. Doing everything i think needs to be done so she wont get even madder. but now she's not talkin to me, wont let me listen to music, and keeps giving me evil glars every time she sees me. The tension is so thick around us, you could choke. I know my dads going to give me a "talk" tonight, and its going to invovle alot of yelling and me possibly being kicked out, I really dont know what to do, i dont think i did anything wrong. My dad scares me so much when he yells at me.
|

replied April 5th, 2012
Mother!
oh my days my mum is exactly the same!! totall clean freak, she litch shouts all the time if i make 1 little mistake! its driving me mad! she calls me lazy, says shes the one that does everything! when i do loads for her! she never listens aswell and always thinks she in the right when shes wrong!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Is it possible that you move out with a couple of other people and split the rent accordingly? Some places even give a student discount on rent.

I would seriously consider saving up some money (or using a tax refund) to move the heck out of there.

Not allowed to READ?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Idk, my parents pay for my car and my phone, i dont think i make enought money to pay for school my car, phone, gas rent food. stuff like that Im only making $8 an hour, and i only work 4 hours a night Sad

I love to read, i couldnt read books.
|

User Profile
Supporter
You would have to work more than that. Maybe find a second job?
You can make it without a cell phone and a car. A house line runs like 30 bucks/month and the bus is cheeeaaap.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
yea true, i guess ill try to find someone to live with.

Ive never lived on my own.. its a scary thing to think about
|

User Profile
Supporter
PixieKat wrote:
yea true, i guess ill try to find someone to live with.

Ive never lived on my own.. its a scary thing to think about

It can be scary having to pay bills and budget all of your money but it is worth it honey. You can do whatever you want, whenever you want without anyone questioning your actions.

If I can do it, you can do it Smile
You can even get assistance through the government for housing based on your income.

Also, have you thought about applying for grants to pay for college?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
i was thinking of getting a loan but i wanted to pay for as much of it by myself as i can. How much do apartments usualy run? well i guess that depends on the state lol.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Im going to ask around my friends and see if i can find any that wanna move out and help pay for rent.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Well my apartment runs $700/month. That is here in Charleston, SC though. It could be cheaper where you are.

I got a college loan for my classes too. My Pell Grant already covered my tuition and books, so the loan money actually came back to me to pay my other bills. I don't have to pay them back until I graduate. Then, it is a minimum monthly payment.

I would search your local paper for apartments. I'm sure there is a bulletin at your college with ads for people seeking roommates. That would probably be your best bet.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Your brother probably wants to get the hell out of dodge too, you know?
He could help pay rent too.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Yea he does.. but he is so far in debt from when he tryed to move out before that he doesnt ever have money it all goes to bills.

How did you get your loan?
|

User Profile
Supporter
I googled "student loan" and a whole bunch of sites popped up. I had to go through them all very closely because you have to be sure you understand all of the terms, all of the fine print.

I would advise you to go to your financial planning office at school and ask them what kinds of loans they would recommend.
You will probably qualify for financial aid too.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thank you much for your help, ill keep you updated if i move out or anything
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2008
Supporter
I think you should talk to someone at school about what is happening. They have counsellors for that sort of thing. It sounds like you are very depressed and anxious and no wonder! Your mother has mental health issues of her own and you must not let her rule your life in this way. In my experience, schools and colleges have funds to help in situations like this. You need to get away. You will leave your depression behind when you go to a place where you can read, talk, shop and do whatever you want, when you want.

I wish you all the very best.
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2008
Experienced User
Thanks Smile

I tryed finding someone to move in with, but that hasnt worked so well yet lol.
So at home i just acted like nothing was wrong until my mom started acting normal again.. so far so good as long as i can stay on her good side.
|