well im very happey 2 say i had a healthy 8 pound 8 ounce girl january 4th.. but im wondering how long am i going 2 have pains down there? my doctor prescribed me something but if i miss one pill. it feels like every time i stand up theres a huge painfull pressuer down there.. theres also been irritation.. do any mothers have any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Congrats on your baby girl, I just had my son on Jan 9th. I had a natural vaginal birth and not only did I have an episiotomy I also got a 3rd degree tear. Anyways I have a huge painful pressure down there as well and it burns to pee, hurts to do simple things like stand, sit, get out of bed. I'm still bleeding also. I also have issues taking bowel movements and am constipated every other day. My Dr. gave me a prescription for Ibprofin and stool softeners, which help some but not enough. My Dr. said what I'm feeling is normal and so long as I don't start passing clots and what not then I'm okay. I passed a huge bloodclot yesterday and my Dr. said it was because I over exerted myself and told me to stay on bed rest for a while. I don't know your birth story, but it sounds normal to me, the discomfort your feeling anyways. Call your Dr. if you have any questions. Hope this helps somewhat, goodluck with everything. Smile
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2008
My Dr. said I will prolly be in pain for a couple of weeks, but that every women is different, to call him if I'm worried about anything. For now I take my pain meds at least once a day, I can take 3 total. They gave me witch hazel to help with my swelling and some spray to help kill the pain as well. It helps a little bit but not much. I hope you feel better soon.
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2008
newmommy07 wrote:
My Dr. said I will prolly be in pain for a couple of weeks, but that every women is different, to call him if I'm worried about anything. For now I take my pain meds at least once a day, I can take 3 total. They gave me witch hazel to help with my swelling and some spray to help kill the pain as well. It helps a little bit but not much. I hope you feel better soon.

They gave me witch hazel pads to put on top of my sanitary napkins also to help with my swelling and srpay, it dosnt help the pain with me either. Taking meds helps a tiny bit, guess you and I just have to wait this out, hope you feel better soon. I feel your pain! Goodluck hun.
|

replied January 26th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
go get some dermoplast! its like heaven in a can. I was in pain for a good 4-5 weeks. had to sit on a donut pillow whenever we went ne where. even took it in restuarants. dermoplast is safe down there and it numbs everything.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....