Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

bipolar, OCD, depression

Hi, I'm new here and I have been dealing with some issues for the past two years. I'm a 14 year old male and nothing traumatic has happened in these past years and I wondering if i might be schizophrenic. I've been diagnosed with bipolar, ODD, and depression since last year. But lately people have been extra worried about me. I really dont see anything wrong with me. I've been doing these things since I was a 5 but no one said anything then. Well, anyways, I've been talking in a British accent everywhere I go (just for the fun of it), people have been telling me that I dont make sense when I talk and I've been singing to the top of my lungs to every song I can think of (I really dont know why). I've suddenly started to hate my brother and be very self-centered. My child doctor thought it was just me beng smart and creative because I had a very high I.Q. So they just put me in gifted classes but I still think its something other than that, I become very obsessive with things.I've stopped cutting my hair and I go on eating binges and the binges last for weeks where I eat too much or where I dont eat enough. Im really paranoid and I always think someone is trying to do something to me all the time which is why I'm so mean and defensive. I've been very manipulative and I havent been going to school all year. I'm very touchy on too many subjects and I hate talking about things unless I'm going to be the only one talking. I wake up in the evenings and stay up till 7:00 in the morning. I act like i'm a different person usually because I'm bored and when I'm bored I think of crazy things, I curse a lot for no reason and my head has been really swimmng lately. I take remron, abilify, and paxil but they just make me go to sleep. It seems that this has all happened at once. I'm really critical and talk about people in front of there face or behind theyre back. What is it ? Could it be hereditary since my younger sister is bipolar, has depression, ODD, and ADD and my father is a recovering alcoholic ? I really dont know whats going on. If you coud help I would really appreciate it. Ive also had 5 surgeries on my head in 3 years for headaches could that also be it ? I have no emotions or feelings towards anyone and I laugh at sad or bad things. Could this be schizophrenia ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2008
Supporter
Hi
What a life and you are only 14? Son, what type of surgeries have you had for headaches? I was not aware there were surgeries performed for this. You have so much going on in your life and you feel you are loosing control. You are ery intelligent. So you will understand when I tell you, you only have one life. You get to choose to life it to the fullest, or allow yourself to wallow in a self pity pool. Control is the issue here......Until you have come close to death, you will never appreciate the things most IMPORTANT in your life.....your brother being one of those. If he were taken tomorrow, could you live wiht youself how you feel about him and how you treat him? Please don't cop the bad ass attitude and say YES. We can't get time back. I was diag. as a depressed child myself, been through a hell of a lot myself. i have a daughter who will be 25 this year. You do the British Accent thing and sing to the top of your lungs for attention.Its also why you are self centered.....you are craving attention. I am also OCD. Not as bad as I use to be. Do you not have a neuro doctor because of the headaches? Are you not seeing a psychologist? They have worked miracles in my life! Your going through changes in your life as well, so hormones play a lot on this. Feel free to PM me if you'd like. Not sure I can help but at least I can listen. I think you might also talk to your Dr. about the problems you are having the drug combo needs to be checked into. Obviously they AREN'T WORKING! Not about to give up on you, I think you are a lot smarter than you give yourself credit for!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...