Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Community Chat Forum

Why Such 'low Activity' On This Site?

I was just curious why there seems to be low activity (people responding to posts) on the boards here? There are tons of questions but in most catagories, not a lot of responders.

Is this site really worth joining or did I just waste my time? Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
low --define low---this place is hopping most of the time. SOmetimes the person that knows the answer hasnt been on in a while. its not a waste of time at all. It also depends on what question you have. if its in a catagory where there isnt too many people that have it (polio) then there arent a whol loet of psodt there.
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
And I suppose it depends upon what you're comparing it to. Some of our communities are growing, while others are established. For example, you received a response to your question here in less than 3 hours. I think that's pretty remarkable!

replied January 15th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
it depends what part of the forum your in

this is where i spend most of my time. Smile
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
yay us:)
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
i beleive it depends on the type of questions, alot of people may read the posts but dont know how to answer it and i guess theyd rather not answer if they feel they cant help, i try and answer every post even if im saying i dont know the answer to their question. some forums are busier then others.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I will answer a post if I have time and a good answer. It's true that I'm one of those people who read a post and sometimes has her mind blown as to what kind of explanation to give. I just had a baby, so I'm not on as much, but I do try to fit in some quality time on here and help out the best I can wherever I can. I used to spend a few hours a day on here and now it's down to about 30 minutes at the most....depends on the baby who does nothing but cry at this point ACK!
|

Especially eHealthy
Most posts get an answer within hours; if not that, usually within a day or two. Our mods also have a place where they are forced to review every single post made in their forums so nothing falls beneath the cracks. Sometimes, we just don't know the answer.

As others have said, some sections of the forums get a lot of attention because there are a lot of people asking questions in those areas and many people to answer them. Other sections like GLBT Relationships or Migraines get very little traffic.
|

replied January 25th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
my other post has been on here for 2 days and no ones answered. i'm not worried about it i just thought someone would have something to say lol i'm sure most everyone has phones right???
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
uh where is this post?
|

the one that says GOOD FORWARDS lol
|

Especially eHealthy
lol if you could give us a link that would help.
|

|

Especially eHealthy
That was prompt O.o XD
|

he he.. he he
|

Especially eHealthy
Oh, it's not a medical question and in General Discussion... I almost never go there lol, and I don't think many people do. It's a cute message. Most of the mods spend their time running around trying to answer people's medical questions.
|

oh lol ok well i'm still not worried bout it i just thought it'd be somethin fun lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
lol i read that and i couldnt post the one that i wanted to cause it was all pictures and i dont have the capacity to post pictures as the stupid library dictates i cant arg
|
Quick Reply