Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Bipolar,OCD and Depression

Hi,I'm new here and I have been dealing with some issues for the past two years. I'm 14 and nothing traumatic has happened in these past years. I've been diagnosed with bipolar, ODD, and deppresion since last year. But lately people have been extra worried about me. I really dont see anything wrong with me. I've been doing these things since I was a 5 but no one said anything then. Well, anyways, I've been talking in a British accent everywhere I go (just for the fun of it), people have been telling me that I dont make sense when I talk and I've been singing to the top of my lungs to every song I can think of (I really dont know why). I've suddenly started to hate my brother and be very self-centered. My child doctor thought it was just me beng smart and creative because I had a very high I.Q. So they just put me in gifted classes but I still think its something other than that, I become very obsessive with things.I've stopped cutting my hair and I go on eating binges and the binges last for weeks where I eat too much or where I dont eat enough. Im really paranoid and I always think someone is trying to do something to me all the time which is why I'm so mean and defensive. I've been very manipulative and I havent been going to school all year. I'm very touchy on too many subjects and I hate talking about things unless I'm going to be the only one talking. I wake up in the evenings and stay up till 7:00 in the morning. I act like i'm a different person usually because I'm bored and when I'm bored I think of crazy things, I curse a lot for no reason and my head has been really swimmng lately. I take remron, abilify, and paxil but they just make me go to sleep. It seems that this has all happened at once. I'm really critical and talk about people in front of there face or behind theyre back. What is it ? Could it be hereditary since my younger sister is bipolar, has depression, ODD, and ADD and my father is a recovering alcoholic ? I really dont know whats going on. If you coud help I would really appreciate it. Ive also had 5 surgeries on my head in 3 years for headaches could that also be it ? I have no emotions or feelings towards anyone and I laugh at sad or bad things.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 6th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
70 % cases are hereditary. However, its the stress that unravel it.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bipolar Disorder , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.