Medical Questions > Parenting > Adoption Forum

Desperately want to adopt a baby !

I desperately want to adopt a baby, however, every time I get a chance, something always happens. I am so heartbroken. I even called the family and children services and they won't even returen my calls. I want a baby so bad that I ache inside. But I don't have thousands of dollars, so I guess my dream will just go down the drain. Thanks for listening.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
lhileman
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper aluccini
|

replied September 11th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Dont give up! You have to keep trying! Maybe its because god has a baby just for you but you have to wait. Maybe the ones you want, werent meant to be for you. Trust me, you will adopt but you need to be patient! Keep trying all services for it and dont give up hope. I bet there are alot of mothers who want to give their babies up for adoption but they cant find nobody. Your time will come for it so dont worry ok!? You are in my prayers!
|

Experienced User
Can't Wait
But you dont understand, I keep hurting the people that I love the most, and I don;t knpow why. I really need help! I am soooooooooooooooooo lonely...

Crying or Very sad lhileman
|

Extremely eHealthy
How do you hurt them? Maybe you can find something to take up your take. Do you go to church? The nurseries at churches always need help. Maybe you can join a book club, volunteer to be a teachers aid at a school. I wish I had time to do stuff like that. You need to lean patience and wait. But keep occupied til then.
|

Experienced User
Hi lisa, im sorry your feeling so lonely right now. My mom had 6 miscarriages and had 4 failed adoptions before she got me. She waited 15 years for me, but the point of the story is that she did get me in the end. Like someone said, maybe they weren't the babies that were meant for you. If your meant to get one you will. Don't give up hope darling, it willl happen.
Love
tanya**
|

Girl be strong and hold on! No need to get all worked up over this! Timer may seem long but in the end god gives you what you really ask for! A family member of mine has now adoptied 2 sweet girls from africa, and didn't have lots of money....Time will give you what you pray for! ::kiss:: have faith in your self!
|

replied September 26th, 2003
Experienced User
Lisa i'm still here for u sweetie! I miss your emails girl. Dont give up something has to go right for you. ~misty
|

replied October 3rd, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
I was just reading through this and I just wanted to say don't give up!!!!! There are plenty of babies out there you just have to find the right one!!!!! Best of luck. And dont be too hard on yourself!!!! ~melissa
|

replied October 3rd, 2003
Maybe you need to learn patience before having one,and even "not hurting the ones you love" when things are not right?Children need a lot of patience and wont understand why you hurt their feelings,even if you dont mean it,out of sorrow or stress...

Did you try adopting children from a different race?Or even children that are bigger(not babies)...Those need love even more cause they feel unwanted,they understand,and most times they lost their parents so they need alot of tlc...
Good luck
|

replied October 7th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
If it's meant to be, it will. I wish u lots of luck but dont (caps) give up cos there r so many baies without loving parents tha need people like u. Ur chance will come,
god bless,
liz x
|

User Profile
replied October 4th, 2007
Hi There..
I totally know how you are feeling.. If noone has walked in your shoes with infertilty they have no idea how hard it is...The want you need so bad for a baby.. I know I have been there... Everytime you hear one of your friends are pregnant you just want to run and hide to cry.. The hardest part for me was when my sisters-in-laws were pregnant and my sister.. I didn't want to talk to them, didn't want to be near them, I just plainly didn't want nothing to do with them.. I so know where you are coming from... I have a son through the blessing of IVF and he is truly my miracle child.. It took us a long 7 years for him.. We are now tunring towards adoption too. We have been approved for 2 months and I know that's not long.. I to hate to wait, I hope that this day comes soon for our family.. My son asks me all the time mom where is my brother or sister? When are they coming home? I just have to look into his big blue eyes and say I don't know honey... It breaks my heart to see him want something so bad but can't do nothing about it.. I feel for you and I totally understand where you are coming from.. Someday, somewhere, there is a child out there for you and me and we will be with them someday.. Until then just spread the word and let people know that you are wanting to adopt and that helps me to have patience and understanding that it happens when it is suppose to happen... I wish you that best...
|

replied December 29th, 2008
Reality Check
It's somewhat suprising how everybody is encouraging lhileman to adopt a baby after she shared words that should serve as red flags, "I keep hurting the people that I love the most, and I don't know why. I really need help! I am sooooo lonely..."

It seems somewhat irresponsible to encourage such a person to persevere in adopting a child without having additional information to address the obvious issues. For example, how does lhileman keep hurting those she loves? Does she physically abuse them? Steal from them? Rarely meet her commitments? Or, is that simply a dramatic way of expressing the shortcomings that most children-ready parents have?

"I really need help!" Is that cry for help with a chemical addiction? If so, why are you people encouraging her to adopt a kid!!

Finally, if one's primary, or significant motive for wanting a baby is because s/he is lonely, then not only should the person refrain from making a decision about a baby while lonely, but s/he should not be encouraged to have a baby to help address that need.

Let's take a moment to think about how we are responding before doing so. lhileman may very well be a healthy person and well preprared for parenthood, but a little caution is certainly appropriate since you don't have enough context for her words. Accoridngly, you have no idea if your responses are helpful or a fool's advice, pushing her and her potential baby toward disaster.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied January 24th, 2010
honestly, i have been to china with my mom to adopt my litttle brother and it was the most emotional thing i have ever been through. i cried so hard my mascara ran down to my chin.
i pretty much matured 5 years that day.
adoption is a beautiful thing, so go for it.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied January 27th, 2011
I will be going to China hopefully this year to pick up our 1st child. Patience is everything. Great things are not rush.
|

replied August 1st, 2012
Experienced User
Dont worry at all. if it is ur fate to get a nice cute baby, then one day u will have it. nobody can stop ya from it. Pray to God for this and make efforts
|
Quick Reply