Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Need Help Understanding Conflicting Pap Smear/biospy Reults.

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone with views on this subject.
For the past 5 years, I have been having abnormal pap smears, it all started showing hpv and low grade abnormalilties, until 18months ago, when the cin2 first showed up. I have been having 6 monthly colposcopy visits, where the doctors normally take another pap smear, and sometimes a little biopsy too. These always show the same progression of the diease. The doctors normally say that my cervix looks very normal and healthy, until lat year when the first cin2 showed up, they could see a nodule on the cervix. At this point, they did a loop excision procedure. The pathology results this time, however, showed inflammation only, so we thought I was fixed!
At the next colp test, 6 months later however, the pap smear again showed the cin2, and it all looked healthy down there.
More cin2, so this time, they elected to do a cone biopsy and curetting as this time at colp, they stained my cervix for the first time and could see changes going up into the neck of the cervix (doctor specifically said it didn't look sinister, just abnormal) the results of the cone biopsy are in, and again it is showing inflammation only.
Where on earth does the cin2 go? The nurse tells me that maybe the pathologists are overcalling my smear samples - that they see something they are calling cin2, but which isn't really. I now have to wait 6 months befoe I even get to talk to the doctor to get his opinions, and in the meantime, i'm left wondering if I have ever really had a problem or not.
Has anyone had similar experiences? And if so, what was the outcome? Does anyone know of any natural remedies or preparations (?Vitamin supplements??) that can be of use in these cases?
Please help if you can, i'm very confused!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Don't believe in pap smears. Its not very specific.
Subtle asymptomatic inflammation will always be there in each person cervix.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.