Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

one doctor says headaches and fatigue are cytomegalovirus

doc #1 says i have mono and CMV (cytomegalovirus), and doc #2 says that i had it a long time ago but not currently.

Lab results from 12-24-07:

mono screen - positive

ebv igm - .17
ebv igg - 6.04 (ref. <.89)

cmv igm - .60
cmv igg - 12.09 (ref. <.80)

Lab results from 1-02-08:

mono screen - positive

ebv igm - .16
ebv igg - 4.34

cmv igm - .54
cmv igg - 13.15

I believe since my cmv igg has increased, i am currently infected with CMV at the very least. can a doctor give me a third party opinion on this.

doc #2 said that my fatigue and headaches (and other numerous symptoms) arent due to ebv or cmv. he just says i have general fatigue syndrome?????

would i test positive for the mono screen if i didnt currently have mono? and would my EBV igg still be high at 4.34 long after a EBV infection?

thank you,
Jay
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....