User Profile
ugh.. i am not doing well. i have no place to rant about everything. i am so excited about being pregnant. I love it and i cant wait till the little baby comes. Still i find myself feeling really depressed. I hate how my body is changing. I HATE IT. i hate feeling like i am slowly going down hill. i feel like i look all puffy and just blah everytime i look in the mirror. I dont want my husband to see me naked anymore and before i never even cared. i am so self concious and feel so guilty for feeling this way. I find myself thinking i am already being a bad mother, hating the way i look when i am pregnant with my child.
i just feel frustrated and the worst part is i never feel full, so i eat. which makes me feel worse. i didnt think my body changing with a baby would bug me. Its natural and normal, and not like i am just get fat, but still. I hate looking in the mirror, i hate my clothes, i hate getting ready, i hate people looking at me. i am so uncomfortable and unhappy right now. and i am seriously onery.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Alot of women do hate the way they look when pregnant. It is hard to adjust to the sudden changes in your body.

Here is ashort article:

Improving Body Image
It can be very difficult to improve your body image if it is already pretty low. Improving your body image involves changing the way you think and analyze situations. Here are a few things that you can try to help you love that beautiful pregnant body!

~Find one thing that you like about your body and accentuate it. It will give you a confidence boost.
~Focus on your baby. Remember that your body is changing to help your baby grow, and that is the most important thing.
~Look for support. Tell your partner, friends, or family members if you are feeling down about yourself. They can give you the psychological boost you need.
~Exercise. Getting out for a walk or a swim can clear your mind and help you feel like a new person.
~Try yoga. Yoga will help you to develop a connection between your body and your mind.
~Practice self massage. Self massage can get you familiar with your body, which is the first step to accepting it.
~Educate yourself. Read as much about pregnancy as you can so you know what to expect and feel more in control.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Also one thing that I found helped me a lot was buying some really cute maternity clothes. When I had my son they didn't have mat clothes for younger "hip" moms, it was mostly for older women so I felt pretty frumpy. Now there is such nice stuff that you can get and it is really flattering when you are pregnant.

How far along are you now? If you are puffy than I would watch how much sodium that you are taking in and I would try to drink lots of water to flush it out. Also exercising helps me to feel good about myself too...but only as long as your doc says that it is okay.

I am sorry that you are feeling this way because this is supposed to be a wonderful time for you......just always try to keep in mind that your body is helping to create a life.....it is an amazing thing!!
|

Especially eHealthy
wow. this is the sam e way i felt towards the end of my pregnancy
i HATED putting on ANYTHING. nothing fit right. but thats just a part of being pregnant. and believe it or not after the baby is born most women MISS being pregnant. i know i do
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
i'm sorry you're feeling this way
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...