User Profile
I have mild arthritis in my knees, but I am only 32. I want to develop a healthy diet and keep joint inflammation down.

What foods should I avoid?
What foods support the joints?
What vitamin supplements can help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Some scientific evidences show that excessive weight and the type of diet is followed may influence symptoms of certain types of arthritis.
Omega 3 fatty acids are known to reduce the production of inflammatory substances in the body.
Glucosamine is a supplement that enhance cartilage production and reduce arthritic pain.
Chronic dehydration (not drink enough water) can aggravate arthritic pain.

Which type of arthritis you are suffering from?
|

User Profile
Supporter
Not sure. How many types are there?
|

User Profile
Supporter
Not sure. How many types are there?

I had ACL reconstruction when I was 17.
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
The most common type of knee arthritis is osteoarthritis (osteoarthritis of the knees is often associated with a history of repeated injury and/or joint surgery).
Rheumatoid Arthritis generally affects both knees.
Post-traumatic arthritis can develop after an injury to the knee, is similar to osteoarthritis and may develop years after a fracture, ligament injury, or meniscus tear.

Do you usually get worse joint pain later in the day?
|

replied October 26th, 2008
caffeine as a function of dehydration and contributor 2 jnt pn
MandMs and Rooted,
I have had pain in my middle fingers-middle joints for the past few months. The pain increases with use throughout the day. My lifestyle doesn't allow me to stop moving my fingers so I need to find an answer quick...
I have been dieting really hard in the form of just cutting consumption down alltogether along with the decreasing water consumption. Now I am wondering if during the past year of this hard-core dieting, that I might have pushed myself into this joint pain or is it just over use? I'm not ruling out RA but I don't want 2 go to the dr just yet. I'm trying to save money n I think people in this forum might have the answer....thanks and good times!
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....