User Profile
Does it work? I am getting my first acupuncture treatment for fibro in two weeks. I was skeptical until a few people who also have fibro said it works.

Anyone?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
ive never done it. you never know till you try right?
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2008
Experienced User
i've heard it works for a lot of stuff, but have never talked to someone having it for fibro. if you try it, let us know how it worked! i may be interested, too.
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I will let you know. I am going this coming saturday. This person told me she has worked on people with fibro. I am quite the skeptic. I hope it works. The pain this morning was horrible. I didn't have it while I was pregnant until now. My child is six months old and it's coming back:(.
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2008
Experienced User
Swimming
Try swimming in a heated pool. Because my fibro is so bad, I was approved to come work out at our locally run therapeutic center. They have wellness programs people with all types of physical disabilities... from arthritis to paralysis. I swim with a group of elderly ladies (of course, all about 30 years my senior). We get in the pool and do some stretching and moves to help with pain and to help strengthen the joints and muscles. I just started it. It feels really good.
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
oh gosh just sitting in a hot tub helps me. I wish i had one. lol
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
That works wonders for me. I take long hot baths every night and even sometimes mornings when time permits and my muscles are so sore. We are hoping to buy a hot tub next year! I don't know of any places with a good, heated pool. I need to find one.
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Well. I had the acupuncture on Saturday and Sunday I had bad fibro symptoms. What a bummer. The person told me that I should go twice a week to see results. I would think that at least the following day, I would feel a little better. I don't know. I don't even believe in acupuncture but was hoping it would help a little. I am going to call her to see what she says. This morning it was pretty bad. I had to wake up at 5:00am for work, which was almost impossible.

I will keep you posted if I go back for one more try.

So frustrating.
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
well sometimes you have to get worse before you get better. let us know what you decide
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That's true with acupuncture? You can get worse before you get better. I am not familiar with the with acupuncture at all.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I dont know--with me it was true in many cases. I guess you have to play it by ear. Id give it a good 3 or four sessions before saying that its not working. but thats just me.
|
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...