Crying or Very sad Its been a rough year already. Last year I went through alot of test to discover I have Fibro, Diveritculosis, IBS, acid reflux and now dental problems. I was naive had been going to this one dentist all along letting him do root canals over and over. Now a few years later, here I sit, Last year had to have one retreated I couldnt take it but managed, Now this year was going to work onmy health and now found out I have three more absesses under different crowns because this dentist didnt do my root canals right, I was naive and should have went to an endodonist but trusted a general dentist like we all do. DONT!!! My question is, I have found a new dentist that I trust and this morning shes doing a full comprensive on my mouth, My insurance is already used up so its all out of my pocket, I dread having root canals retreated knowing its a hour in a chair just for one then returning. I might have 10 of my original teeth and I know half of them have cavities and probably need crowns Looking for opinions, I hate to lose my teeth but would I be better off getting them all pulled or going trough all these root canals. I wouldnt mind the root canals if this endodonist I went too would put me to sleep but he doesnt do anything. Should I find one that does? Maybe all the bad teeth have affected my entire health for some time, I know I have a swollen lymp node unde4r my jaw line and one farther down on my below my collar gone, from this infected tooth under a crown, WOw all this time its been from an infected tooth!!! Ok, main question, I need opinions about what you would do and about seeking out an endodonist that will put me to sleep and do them all at one time, Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rootcanal
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2008
Supporter
I think that the problems are not the roots canals or your previous dentist or general dentists the real problem is your attitude towards oral health care ,cavities does not form in two days or weeks neither abscesses if you have these is because you have not go to a routine check up every six month, and you are not cleaning efficiently your teeth and gums.
humans have 32 teeth in their mouth so if you only have 10 left is only because you haven't receive good oral health education to care for your teeth and PREVENTS cavities . in my opinion if your oral IQ does not increase and if you dont maintain your mouth "bacteria free" you are wasting your money in root canals and crowns because cavities are infectious and infections can reoccur if you does not maintain a good environment.
|

replied January 25th, 2008
ROOT CANAL
Hi... after much pain and physical distress, and much research...I have taken the drastic step of removing my root canalled teeth. ..which totaled 8. I am finally feeling human again! But it was a 10 year ordeal which saw my perfect health spiral into a state of disease. All trouble began when I had 8 teeth capped, which in turn became abscessed ...which in turn had root canals...which in turn were retreated. Much money!!!$$$ All the while, I had terrible face pain, 2 boil like sores that drained green puss at the bridge of my nose where the sinus opens...as well, I began to get joint pain and soreness in my fingers, hands, knees and elbows. Sore swollen eyes...blurred vision....I was tired. I also began having problems with my bladder. ..All this in my late 30's. Please! Do yourself a favor and do some research on root canals on line....you will be blown away. If you are sick...get rid of them! As I gave up on my vanity...a nice white smile ( still have it...false teeth are ok!!) and put my health first...I had them pulled. Of course...my dentist, and likely others, thought I was crazy. He did not want to pull my teeth. I found a dentist who listened. I am now feeling soooo much better. ..and I thank God I got rid of them....and man...did they STINK!!!talk about a bacteria factory poisoning you from the inside out!! Google "Root Canals..and whatever symptoms you may have..and see what comes up!!
|

More on Root canals
I have very good dental hygeine..have always brushed, flossed and done my best to maintain my teeth. Some people are blessed with strong teeth, some of us were not. But do educate yourself. Really, your lifes health is at stake. Go on the internet ( you already are..Ha!) and google up "root canals" and "rabbit" and read about studies done years ago that showed a link between root canals and disease..
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
Thought I'd jump on the wagon here and put my 2 cents in. I agree in a lot of ways with rootcanal.........there are people in the world who simply do not have the funds to go to a dentist, and therefore, have to suffer with rotting teeth, infected gums and various other mouth/gum/teeth related problems. Some of this is from an inherited trait and NO AMOUNT...of brushing, flossing, using a proxy brush and rinsing with a good mouth wash could help. Smoking cigarettes takes its toll as well on people who smoke. Gums receed away from the tooth. Some people go through life unable to get to a dentist because they simply can no afford it. There is no where to go for preventative care. Breaks my heart.......I raised a daughter alone up until she was ten, then remarried to a wonderful man who then funrished us with dental insurance. I forfeited my own teeth for mydaughters, making sure they were sealed, then braces, whatever it took for her to have a ncie set of healther teeth. I paid the price, I have had several root canals and crowns to save the ones I'd neglected (not because I wanted too). UNderwent gum replacement surgery to replace the gums that had receeded away, to save other teeth. But now....I have my own teeth and they are taken care of every 6 months. I ahve been on both side of the bridge, so I can say you can't condeem or cut down people who "have not taken proper steps in oral hygeine". Thats just bull &&&&. You do not know their circumstances and its not their fault you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth. and have GRAND TEETH................... this is for PRDENT1
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2008
Supporter
first of all I live in a third world country and I never had a silver spoon but I (like your daughter) have a mother that take care of my dental health ,she brush my teeth and floss it every day even if I dont want it I get sealer and braces too because my mother (like you ) had suffer a lot of oral diseases (caries and perio) ,the thing is there are not such a inherited trait for caries or oral diseases is just lack of information and knowledge on preventive care I am a dentist know and I can tell you that after an intensive education reinforcement all my patients know how they can prevent new caries and how to prevent gums disease . the thing is that we are dentist ,we are no magicians or fairies, we can help you but if you dont maintain good oral hygiene we can not warranty anything we do
|

User Profile
Supporter
That explains it all..........3rd world countries
No ones asking for magicians or FAIRY"S...........Here in the United States, not all people are treated fairly and do not qualitfy for dental treatment,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thus, they have to decide if the little/petty $ they receive is for food, a palce to live or, for someting other than acving what few teeth they have left or their health.Its' a sad situation, thank GOD for dentist for those who like my own who VOLUNTEER in Guatalaula every year giving FREE dental care to those who could not afford it EVEn on their own..........I want to ask him oso badly,,,,,,why not stay here in Georgia, America and treat those who are here first? If you are in a place where you have well water that is not treated for contaminates, if you have no access to running water or let alone can't afford a tube ot toothpaste....whats are you to do? WE choose to go to other world countrieds to offer our servcices for free..........You are educated yet, you still believe its lack of information and preventative care..........get a grip................. face reality.....there are still people HERE IN THE US who have no resources, lack of fuinds and all the education in the world are not gonna help the ones who don't have a dime to spend on thier dental health.................Its ones like you who have $, instead of trying t donate your time like the wonderful and caring dentist I have,,,,show their ignorance and try to blame it on maintaining good oral hyiene when there is not incredibly Warranty..................
|

User Profile
Supporter
Do you VOlunteer your time?
Does it come out of your PERSONAL (TAX FREE) expenses for travel, hotel expenses, for medical supplies for free/donated on yoru time dental care for thsoe less fortunate???????????? I THOUGHT NOT!.....until then I rest my case>
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2008
Supporter
yes you are in one of the richest countries but at the same time it has one of the highest unhealthy population , your country has one third of the population without dental insurance , and have a health system that is controlled by insurance companies that want your money and thats all. maybe in your country people have to volunteer to help does under served person that can not afford those costly health insurance that only cover a few treatments, but here I do not have to do that because every person have the same rights to receive treatment and they dont have to pay because socialize health system work better than your system ...and we focus in PREVENTION ( education is part of prevention) so people that do it does not have to spend a lot of time on dentists ........you should see SICKO movie
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2008
Supporter
SICKO?
Not into Televsions or Movies.........did they write a book about it? I'd much rather spend my time educating myself on something or trying to better myself than watch tv/movies. I do wish the US had a plan that could take care of the elderly, misfortuntate, and lower income.....Health care and Dental..............might as well add MENTAL to that list!
|

replied January 21st, 2012
that person is NOT from a 3rd world country...lmbo! Check out first post, then second the language changes...then she goes back to her self righteousness and the english is cleaned up once again...psssh! It's nothing but someone pushing dental care as needed for good oral hygiene. A DENTIST is NOT needed for GOOD ORAL HYGIENE! I had PERFECT teeth until the day I started seeing a dentist regularly...They could never find fault with my hygiene until they started their hacking in my mouth!! I LOST 7 TEETH DUE TO THEIR NEGLIGENCE and so called tooth hygiene! Was their prodding and poking and cracking and destroying my teeth talking me into caps and the like that destroyed them, NOT MY HYGIENE, NOT MY DIET..nadda none of it..their greed for money is what did it. ROOT CANALS are the root of all evil. period. Don't sit there and tell people to be seen every six months..that is the beginning of the end of your health and teeth!!!!!!!
|
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....