Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

childbirth questions (Page 1)

Ok got a few questions..

1. When you give birth is it hard to keep that general area shaved well like you go to the doctor i would want to be clean cut imo...so what if you dont have time to shave ?

2. If your pushing so hard, and your embrassed if you fart>??

i think thats it... Thanks... alll
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 8th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
the doctor doesn't care if you're shaved or not. i was always able to reach and do it just by feeling. who knows how it looked though, i probably missed many spots. they see vaginas all day, they're not going to remember yours or discuss it in the break room.

um... farting? it's more common that not to poop on the table while pushing. the nurse will sweep it out of the way immediately without mentioning it and chances are you won't even know it happened unless someone tells you.
|

Especially eHealthy
the last thing youre going to be worried about is shaveing your hoohah

and youll probably poop on the table. i did
no one cares theyve seen it a million times before
|

i just would feel so uncomfortable. i understand that they have seen it, but im not comfortable....its hard to explain but hey thanks for the posts heh
|

Extremely eHealthy
I got a bikini wax done the day before I went into labor XD I also shaved myself about two weeks before. I used a mirror to see what I was doing.

And hun, your mind is going to be occupied with more important things than farting Very Happy And if you get an epidural, you won't feel it anyways.
|

oh really? Didnt think about that part thank Katrinadoodle!
|

Especially eHealthy
i thought it would be embarassing too
until i did it
dude youre not going to care about WHAT comes out or what your vagina looks like. its not like you have time to sit there are be like "oh man i didnt shave!"
1..2..3 push
thats all you care or are thinging about
|

you wouldnt believe how self concious i am...im not skinny little minnie like you are... (not saying thats bad) lol but its all good. Thanks ..
|

Especially eHealthy
sweetie12345 wrote:
you wouldnt believe how self concious i am...im not skinny little minnie like you are... (not saying thats bad) lol but its all good. Thanks ..

Smile you could always ask them to NOT ggive you a mirror lol
i loved haveing the mirror in front of me so i could see everything going on. i even saw the poop but i didnt care. you cant really help it. theres no way to stop it. whoever is in that room watching you give birth will see just about everything Very Happy
unless you have a c section of course
|

they would give you a mirror? thats insane! i guess im not one ready to be pregnant yet! lucky im not but ive always wondered those questions!
|

Especially eHealthy
heck yes i wanted the mirror! it was amazeing!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ewwwww.

My doctor didn't even offer the mirror, she delivered me and all three of my sisters and she knew I was like my mom - NEVER want to see my crotch stretched to that ungodly size.
|

replied January 9th, 2008
Katrinadoodle wrote:
Ewwwww.

My doctor didn't even offer the mirror, she delivered me and all three of my sisters and she knew I was like my mom - NEVER want to see my crotch stretched to that ungodly size.

I agree, I really do not want to see myself giving birth!
|

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
hmm, never heard of using a mirror, but it is interesting to have the choice... I'm gonna have to wait on responding, not sure if I want it or not... Gives me incentive on pushing more I guess...
|

User Profile
Supporter
sweetie12345 wrote:
they would give you a mirror? thats insane! i guess im not one ready to be pregnant yet! lucky im not but ive always wondered those questions!

I was able to shave just fine. I couldn't see anything, but you can feel.

And about pooping on the table... You're not even going to know you did it unless someone tells you...
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i didnt shave my entire pregnancy, my skin was extra sensitive the whole time, i tried it early on but i just about died, you wont really care all that much

and farting, like everyone else said you have more to worry about with pooping, many people poop, i was there with a friend who pooped (i was there cause she didnt have anyone else and her husband was a jerk and a flake) it doesnt matter, there is so much going on no one notices

i personally didnt poop, i was getting tward the end and felt like i had to, so the nurse came in and checked me, i was only 9 cm, so i couldnt push yet (you push with the same muscles you poop with so when you feel like you gotta go it may be time to push) but i insisted that if it felt like a had to go and it wasnt time to push then i really had to go, so she let me go to the bathroom with the understanding i wouldnt push....and i didnt poop on the table

~alicia~
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I got to watch my best friend give birth to her son and it was the coolest thing ever. I will definately be wanting the mirror when i have my baby. I know that i will probably poop but i don't even care. It is just natural. I just hope I don't fart right in the doctors face, but oh well if i do.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
the docs face doesnt really ever get right down there

oh and i would have loved to have the mirror, but the hospital i went to didnt offer it because it makes you less focused on pushing and more focused on watching apparently....and im no skinny minnie either....im actualy rather large, i just think it would be great to see it, i my husband got to see if why shouldnt i?

~alicia~
|

User Profile
Experienced User
It is the most amazing thing i have ever witnessed! My best friend husband didn't watch, but i had a front roll seat and my eyes were glued to the event.
|

Well i appreciate all of your feedback, when i do become pregnany (in the fufute) i wont be so nervous Thank you! Wink
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...