Im a 34 year old woman, i have been told have have BP about 10 years ago.. i went for along time denying the fact that i have this disorder. but lately i have been going through some manic episodes. and now i have come to term with my disorder. im looking for support, because i feel like im going out of my mind.. i just cant believe this is happining to me.. i have so many mixed emotions about this. but me admitting it i think is the first step.. what do i do now..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2008
Supporter
go to the professionals as soon as possible. it might take going through a few before you settle on one. or at least it did for me.

we have a lot in common it seems Smile
|

replied January 9th, 2008
i have my first appt on monday.. but im taking my seroquel.. and just stated back on my xanax...
thank you for the support.. i did not think i could do this alone.. i
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2008
Experienced User
Good luck at your appointment on Monday. You're taking a huge step & can only feel better in the future. Being honest with yourself and others is really great. By knowing that my husband is bipolar, I know how to deal with situations as they occur.
|

replied November 29th, 2010
admitting to bipolar disorder
Dear garorgirl01,
I am also your age and was diagnosed at 25. I was watching a show of a girl with BP that mimicked my symptoms at that moment i had to admit to my disease. I am also going throught the grieving process, meaning we now now we have an illness that has no cure. Above everything this is why we are angry and our moods are up and down. I have come to terms with my condition and i understand you because we are going throught the same problem. I pray for you and hope you find the proper meds to control moods. I was given lithium but this takes weeks to kick in. Please feel free to write to me anytime. Good luck and take care.
|

replied November 29th, 2010
admitting to bipolar disorder
Dear gatorgirl01,
I am also your age and was diagnosed at 25. I was watching a show of a girl with BP that mimicked my symptoms at that moment i had to admit to my disease. I am also going throught the grieving process, meaning we now now we have an illness that has no cure. Above everything this is why we are angry and our moods are up and down. I have come to terms with my condition and i understand you because we are going throught the same problem. I pray for you and hope you find the proper meds to control moods. I was given lithium but this takes weeks to kick in. Please feel free to write to me anytime. Good luck and take care.
|

replied December 4th, 2010
Experienced User
You have done something many have not....admitting to the fact you have an issue. This is a big step toward the correct direction. I am so happy that you have taken this step! Now to move forward and live with this.....make sure you take the proper medication for this disorder.....not all meds/mixtures work the same for all. It may take a little time to get the mix right....but hang in there! When you seem to have a mood swing....try to be careful in your reactions....watch your reactions to those whom you love....family, friends, etc. If your religious....pray and stay close to your religious beliefs. I have faith you'll pull though this and live a normal life....

God Bless you hon!!!
|

replied December 5th, 2010
admitting to disorder
Thank you. I suffered for years before admitiing that I really needed medication for my mood swings. It is difficult to accept that you have this disorder and in turn you may get highly depressed. I always wondered why I would start on a new project and never finish it. Was i just plain lazy? No. This makes you change your mind and procrastinate in an instant. Mostly, i stay to myself out of fear that i will get into some horrible fight or argument. i am counting on this medication to work and i do believe in God to help me through this. God bless you!
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...