Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Pregnancy After Tubal Sterilization

Confused I was told a year ago that my tubes were burned and clamped. They were only supposed to be tied. My question is : Is there any way that I could get pregnent? If my tubes were only tied could I? If they were clamped could I? Could my tubes heal? I read somewhere that they could heal themselves. Is this true? Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 8th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Are you worried you may become pregnant? It is unlikely to heal and reconnect itself if it has been tied and burned.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
other than not having sex, nothing is 100%. My mom's friend had hers tied and capped, then became pregnant 2 years later. If you WANT to get pregnant, you are going to have to ask your doctor, but if you worried that you ARE, take a test, only way to know for sure.
|

Especially eHealthy
Getting pregnant after having your tubes burnt and cut is not common place. It is a rare occurance.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....