Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pregnant with Pcos and cramping

After being told I couldn't get pregnant 3 years ago my boyfriend and I decided not to use protection anymore- Yesterday I was getting belly cramps. My belly is bigger. I have been getting light periods and was not quite sure what was going on. I took a test! I AM pregnant.. Just scared I have PCOS I don't want the baby to die
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 9th, 2008
Experienced User
i have pcos and am 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow. everything is going fine for me. get into the doctor as soon as you can. they will probably give you a prescription for your prenatal vitamins. they can also give you an ultrasound to see just how far along you are and what the risks are. good luck!
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2008
Experienced User
Hi

I also have pcos...but my doctor never told me that I couldn't get pregnant...She only said that it will take longer for me to get pregnant and that I had to lose some pounds....It took us over 3 years to get pregnant, and now I'm 16 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

yeah, you need to see you're doctor right away.

good luck and have a good a safe 9 months....God Bless!!! :0)
|

replied May 16th, 2009
pregnancy and cramping
I was diagnosed with pcos 3 years ago. I had my first shot of ovidrel on april 27th of 2009 and yesterday may 15-2009 i took a clearblue home pregnancy test and i tested positive. For the last 3 days I have been cramping pretty bad, but no bleeding. I read online that it was normal in your first couple of weeks to cramp but im not too sure about that. Does anyone else know about cramping. Also if i am pregnant im only a few weeks along so when should i make an appt with an obgyn???? i had heard maybe about 8 weeks in but i wanted to know your input.
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....