Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I am 32 weeks pregnant and just found out I have gallstones. I hurt all the time mostly in my back under my right shoulder blade. I also have this constant burning under my ribs on the right side. The doctor told me that the best thing to do is have my gallbladder removed but he would like me to wait it out untill after I have the baby. Sometimes I feel like I should go to emergency room it hurts so bad, but am I being a weenie?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 5th, 2004
Gallstones During Pregnancy
You are not being a weenie. I had the same problem when I was pregnant, the only difference is that they kept telling me at the er that it was just indigestion. So I had to suffer thru the pain with everyone thinking I was a big baby. Three weeks after I had my daughter I had a gall attack so bad it lasted 10 hours and I went to the er. I was jaundiced and very sick. I spent almost 10 days in the hospital for what is usually an out-patient surgery. My advice to you is to go to the er if you really feel you need to. Don't wait until you are very sick like I was. I am not trying to scare you, my problem was only so bad because no one would listen to me. If you have gallstones talk to your doctor to see if there is anything they can give you for the pain during pregnancy since I am almost certain they wont do surgery until after you have the baby. Anyways, as much as it hurts now it does (for the most part) get better after the surgery. Good luck and congrats on the baby. Samantha
|

replied October 28th, 2005
Gallstones In Pregnancy
:cry: you are not a weenie at all. I have been struggling through extreme vomiting, upper back pain, and stabbing pain in my upper abdominal area. The doctor is going to talk to a surgeon about what to do, because I am losing weight and is talking about an early labour due to the increased pain. There is no medication that I have found researching that it safe to take during pregnancy. All I think is it is almost over, other days I want to go to emergency too. Hang in there it's all most over.
|

replied July 24th, 2012
My daughter is 35 weeks pregnent and has episodes of extreme upper abdominal pain and right shoulder back pain. At times it is unbearable. She has been to the emergency room twice with no good advice and a dx for gastrointestinal paresis. Thank god for the internet. With trial and error we are trying to figure out what she is able to eat. If anyone can help her we would be forever grateful. She is losing weight rapidly and the pain is terrible. Help.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
User Profile