Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

pregnant before first cycle ?

User Profile
I don't know if this is the right spot or not. Sorry if it's not.

I need a little bit of help. I'm new here and I have already had one son on Dec. 1, 2006 so in some ways I should know what to expect and in other's I have no idea what to expect at all.

Anyways here's my situation:
The first day of my last menstral cycle was Feb. 14, 2006. I found out in March of '06 that I was pregnant with my son and after I had him I breastfed. I continued to breastfeed until about 3 weeks ago, I think. Today I'm having pressure in my abdomen, very sensitive breast which is the reason I had to quit breastfeeding when I did, fullness in my lower abdomen, spurts of hunger as well as nausea without vomiting. I have taken numerious pregnancy tests but they've all come out negitive. I have gone to my doctor to get a blood test and even he thinks I'm pregnant again but he's not 100% sure.

I have no idea if any of this has anything to do with my first menstral cycle, which has not come and I don't even know when it's due, or what. I've heard that the first few cycles after having a baby is hell because of the hormone imbalance but this is just confusing. I'm starting to wish I've already had my first cycle.

P.S.
We do want to try for another baby but we wanted to wait until I had my first cycle because then we could try to conceive a baby girl. Charting from www.yourdays.com
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2008
I forgot to mention that my SO says that I've been really moody lately as well

My question is do you think that it's pregnancy or is this normal in periods after stopping breastfeeding. I think I forgot to mention that.
|

User Profile
replied January 7th, 2008
I guess nobody has any ideas. That's ok. I'll just have to be patient.
|

replied January 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Well, I am not sure about what symptoms are involved in stopping breastfeeding. I do know that it's possible to conceive during breastfeeding if you don't breastfeed regularly enough to delay ovulation.

Google "luteal phase defect" and see what kind of hormonal craziness goes on while breastfeeding. You may recognize some symptoms while reading info about this.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Good luck.

P.S. You'll have to tell me more about trying for a specific gender!
|

replied January 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
what did the blood test show? What was your HCG level? That should have confirmed things with your doctor? Right?
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2008
My hCg was 3 but with my last pregnancy it didn't show up much after 20 days after when I was suppose to conceive. At this moment I have no idea what's going on because I have been spotting for the last couple days but that disappears by lunch time. I think it's just my menstrual cycle trying to break threw.
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2008
Update
Just a little update...I actually ended up getting my period so I guess that's just my new symptoms for Aunt Flo Smile...Thank you for your help Smile
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...