I am interested in the possibility of donation of my eggs, but I am just a little unsure... I am a perfect canidate for it. However I would like to maybe speak to someone who has done this procedure before. I think not only is it rewarding but its very helpful... Please let me know.

Thanks so much guys
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you already have children?

I have a very close friend that did it a few months ago, and the lady that she donated the egg to is pregnant. She said that it was very rewarding for her. She said it was kinda painful and had to take some fertility meds before hand.

I hope you find some good information on it.
|

replied January 4th, 2008
Yes I have a beautiful 8 month old... I think its a very rewarding thing. I am just not 100% comfortable knowing I have offspring out there somewhere... Thats the only thing I think holding me back. Once I can get past that selfish thought then I should be all set.
|

replied January 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I asked my friend if she had a hard time with that thought, and she said at first she did, but she got over it pretty quick. She said she thought of it like donating blood and that she wouldn't mind about that, so why mind about the egg donation.

Good Luck
|

User Profile
replied January 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I donated my eggs for my aunt because she was having a hard time conceiving on her own. It definitely was an emotional roller coaster. I had to give myself injections (sometimes 2) everyday, you have to be monitored almost everyday and the procedure itself was painful. My aunt now has a beautiful baby girl.....she looks just like me and my daughter. I love that little baby so much and I am her god-mother but sometimes it is hard not to think that biologically she is a part of me. When I see my daughter and her together sometimes I think "wow they are really sisters instead of cousins". I know that I shouldn't think of it that way but I am only human and it is hard not to. I am happy that I did it but I am not sure if I would be able to do it for a stranger, after what I know about the process now.

It definitely is an amazing gift to give someone.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....