Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

pregnancy possible on Yaz ?

Ok, My girlfriend is on the Yaz, We have sex regularly, and I'm starting to get worried.

She has had stomach pains when she goes to bed at night...for 2 weeks. She has no idea of her last period because she skipped it. We had some (rough) sex a few days ago and she was spotting (would the rough-ness be the reason?).

Anyways, I was just looking for any ideas on what to do or any other signs...she is not willing to take a test yet because she wants to wait to see if she skips her period..the only problem with that is that she doesn't know when her last one was. Crying or Very sad

Any info would be appreciated.
thanks,
nervous
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 1st, 2008
Especially eHealthy
spotting would most likely be due to irritation of the cervix causing it to bleed if it was rogh sex :d

shes on the pill and uses it right everytime? then shes protected Smile
|

replied January 2nd, 2008
the_girlfriend wrote:
spotting would most likely be due to irritation of the cervix causing it to bleed if it was rogh sex :d

shes on the pill and uses it right everytime? then shes protected Smile

hmm I would hope so..but we're very nervous at this point...we need to get through college and get life straight before we have a kid.

some other symptoms
-always dizzy
-stomach pains (2 weeks)
-spotting
-we're both always tired..so i guess that wouldnt be a real one..

but yes, she does take her pill daily.

any other things we should be looking for?
how effective are these pills even if a drop of semen gets in there?

thank you
nervous
|

Especially eHealthy
the pills are 99% effective
nope those can be symptoms of alot
pms and the flu as well
|

the_girlfriend wrote:
the pills are 99% effective
nope those can be symptoms of alot
pms and the flu as well

the flu is considerable..she usually has one hard cold each year..and well hasnt had it yet this year...but it just seems like everything I read points directly to pregnancy, I'm scared Neutral
|

Extremely eHealthy
Pregnancy shares symptoms with a LOT of illnesses.

BC pills are very very effective!

She could go to the doctor and get a blood pregnancy test, which is more accurate and sensitive than a urine test.

THIS IS why you need a back up plan!!

IF I were to get pregnant, I would have an abortion, and both my husband and I agree to that.

You need to talk about "what if".. Will she have a baby, will she have an abortion...

You will be less scared if you have a plan.
|

Carifairy wrote:
Pregnancy shares symptoms with a LOT of illnesses.

BC pills are very very effective!

She could go to the doctor and get a blood pregnancy test, which is more accurate and sensitive than a urine test.

THIS IS why you need a back up plan!!

IF I were to get pregnant, I would have an abortion, and both my husband and I agree to that.

You need to talk about "what if".. Will she have a baby, will she have an abortion...

You will be less scared if you have a plan.

I'm not for, or against an abortion..but shes totally against the thought of it.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Well she wasn't saying that was your only option, it just that you need to discuss the "what if" part of sex.

If she's on the pill, and she doesn't get her period during her placebo week, that would be considered her "missed period." She can test after that.

If she's on the pill and not throwing up or taking antibiotics, she's probably protected, and not pregnant. But there's always a chance (like 1-3%)
|

Extremely eHealthy
You need to discuss WHAT IF.

BIRTH CONTROL is not 100%

IF YOU really do not want her to get pregnant, because she would not have an abortion, you may consider adding condoms to your sex life.

I KNOW condoms are not fun, but it would be better than a kid..
|

we've discussed it..and well shes completely opposed. We also use condoms. She took a pregnancy test tonight, and it revealed a result of negative. Still a tad bit worried, because she hasn't had her period and she has had stomach pains for two weeks, along with spotting.
|

User Profile
replied January 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
have her go to the doc then find out what is going on in her body... that way you know and you can do something if something is wrong...
|

replied January 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
IF you already miss your period and take a test, it IS accurate.

She could be having bowel problems, such as IBS(irritable bowel disease)

Condom use PLUS birth control use is going to be very very good prevention.
|

replied June 4th, 2010
Hey nervious bf,
There is something called psycological pregnancy. If she is worried all the time about being pregnant then she will get symptoms or think shes getting them. Just relax. I am on the pill to right now and ive had spotting and dizzyness it's part of the side effects of the pill. Both of you need to relax because stressing over the whole situation of pregnancy can change the hormones in her body and make her skip periods im telling you this by experience.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...