Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

My Opinon On Pro Life (Page 1)

User Profile
I am completely "pro life", and this is basically, just an "opinion post". But i want to state my opinion on this topic!

First off, someone should of given you the "birds and the bees" lecture before you started having sex. Having sex may possaibly lead into an unnplaned pregnancy! If your not "mature" enough to hanle the responsabity of a baby, maybe you should re-consider having sex untill you are mature enough! Having sex is an "adult decision". If you can not handle the responsibility that comes with having sex, re-thinking the idea of having sex until you are mature enough is a good idea!

To the ones that are pregnant - just because you are young and pregnant, shouldn't mean that the first thing that runs through your mind is abortion or an adoption! Why don't you think about what options you have that will allow you to keep your child in your life? Theres plenty of options out there for you! Yeah, sacrafices will have to be made, but thats what happens when you become a parent! If you cannot handle that responsibility of being a mother, or the sacrifices that will be made, re-thinking the idea of having sex is a good idea!

I may get allot of negative feed back from this post but frankly, this is my opinion!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
What makes you think people in this situation thought of abortion or adoption first? How do you know they didn't think of what options were available to allow them to keep their child? Maybe it was only after they had exhausted all of those options and did not find any that would work, that they then began considering abortion or adoption.
|

Especially eHealthy
im sorry but this needs to be moved to abortion debate forum

dezy this is not a place to debate about abortion and weather its right/ wrong etc

everyone is intitled to thier own opinion. yours may not agree with others and vice versa. lets keep this stuff in abortion debate where it belongs for the sake of our posters and whatever decitions they may make
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Its Enough - a Wrap - Done! Move On to the Next Post Now!
_StArSeXxXiE_ wrote:
I am completely "pro life", and this is basically, just an "opinion post". But i want to state my opinion on this topic!

First off, someone should of given you the "birds and the bees" lecture before you started having sex. Having sex may possibly lead into an unplanned pregnancy! If your not "mature" enough to handle the responsibility of a baby, maybe you should re-consider having sex until you are mature enough! Having sex is an "adult decision". If you can not handle the responsibility that comes with having sex, re-thinking the idea of having sex until you are mature enough is a good idea!

To the ones that are pregnant - just because you are young and pregnant, shouldn't mean that the first thing that runs through your mind is abortion or an adoption! Why don't you think about what options you have that will allow you to keep your child in your life? Theres plenty of options out there for you! Yeah, sacrafices will have to be made, but thats what happens when you become a parent! If you cannot handle that responsibility of being a mother, or the sacrifices that will be made, re-thinking the idea of having sex is a good idea!

I may get allot of negative feed back from this post but frankly, this is my opinion!

You know what, after submitting this post, i started second guessing if i just opened a can of worms - and for no apparent reason!

This topic was created out of anger! I strongly believe in certain things, and as i was going through a few topics in "teen pregnancy" anger just started building up from what i was reading!

I want to clarify my statements before this post is a wrap! Yes - i am pro life. I am against abortion(in general)! I do believe that abortion is stemmed from ignorance, but everyone has the freedom to chose what they want to do with their embryo/fetus and with their body's! As for adoption, i am against that(for myself). I couldn't think of carrying MY BABY for 9 months, having to go through all the trials and tribulations that you go through, to hand him/her over like they are a piece of cargo! But for some, that is the best choice they can give to their child!

Enough with all the controversy. It was my fault to have opened this up in the first place! But i just wanted to clear this up!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: to All the Ignoramus Beings!
_StArSeXxXiE_ wrote:

First off, someone should of given you the "birds and the bees" lecture before you started having sex. Having sex may possaibly lead into an unnplaned pregnancy! If your not "mature" enough to hanle the responsabity of a baby, maybe you should re-consider having sex untill you are mature enough! Having sex is an "adult decision". If you can not handle the responsibility that comes with having sex, re-thinking the idea of having sex until you are mature enough is a good idea!

*Ponders getting out trollbait*...
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Re: to All the Ignoramus Beings!
_StArSeXxXiE_ wrote:

Build a bridge and get over it.

Also try using the spell check function next time.
|

Experienced User
Re: Its Enough - a Wrap - Done! Move On to the Next Post Now!
_StArSeXxXiE_ wrote:
_StArSeXxXiE_ wrote:

First off, someone should of given you the "birds and the bees" lecture before you started having sex. Having sex may possibly lead into an unplanned pregnancy! If your not "mature" enough to handle the responsibility of a baby, maybe you should re-consider having sex until you are mature enough! Having sex is an "adult decision". If you can not handle the responsibility that comes with having sex, re-thinking the idea of having sex until you are mature enough is a good idea!

You know what, after submitting this post, i started second guessing if i just opened a can of worms - and for no apparent reason!

This topic was created out of anger! I strongly believe in certain things, and as i was going through a few topics in "teen pregnancy" anger just started building up from what i was reading!

I want to clarify my statements before this post is a wrap! Yes - i am pro life. I am against abortion(in general)! I do believe that abortion is stemmed from ignorance, but everyone has the freedom to chose what they want to do with their embryo/fetus and with their body's! As for adoption, i am against that(for myself). I couldn't think of carrying MY BABY for 9 months, having to go through all the trials and tribulations that you go through, to hand him/her over like they are a piece of cargo! But for some, that is the best choice they can give to their child!

Enough with all the controversy. It was my fault to have opened this up in the first place! But i just wanted to clear this up!

I agree with you some aspects and disagree on others. Yes I could not have an abortion myself but I have no problems what so ever with others having one if they so choose. Having an unplanned pregnancy (at any age) is not always about ignorance. Sometimes people use protected (be it pill, shot, ring ,iuds, tubes tied or condoms and it still happens. This is life it happens.

One thing in your post did bother me and it was this:
Quote:
to hand him/her over like they are a piece of cargo

I placed my eldest son for adoption when he was 6 mths old. Granted it was to a family member. But I can not think of one person who handed their child over for adoption that felt this way. It is very hard emtionally to place a child for adoption. But your right sometimes it is the best option for the child and mother alike.
|

Extremely eHealthy
_StArSeXxXiE_ wrote:

I want to clarify my statements before this post is a wrap! Yes - i am pro life. I am against abortion(in general)! I do believe that abortion is stemmed from ignorance

What a coincidence! Ignorance is exactly what I think the pro-life stance is stemmed from.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
futureshock wrote:
_StArSeXxXiE_ wrote:

I want to clarify my statements before this post is a wrap! Yes - i am pro life. I am against abortion(in general)! I do believe that abortion is stemmed from ignorance

What a coincidence! Ignorance is exactly what I think the pro-life stance is stemmed from.

And pro-lifers feel the same about people taking a life! Wink
|

User Profile
Experienced User
meblonde01 wrote:
futureshock wrote:
_StArSeXxXiE_ wrote:

And pro-lifers feel the same about people taking a life! Wink

So long as it's only a fetal life eh, wouldn't want the same courtesy being extended to born humans Wink
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Perhaps the title "To all the Ignoramus Beings" was a clue that this was a divisive thread. I would encourage you to reiew some of the other debates in this forum. They can be quite enlightening. In the future, please remember to think before posting something that would obviuosly be taken as very negative by others on the forum. Many, many women have abortions and you have just called them all ignoramuses.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Ignorance or Ignoramus are words peopel use to try and be little people. Yet in doing so, makes them look the same.. Funny isn't it?
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Interesting that someone ranting against sex chose a slutty nick and a slutty picture ....
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
*In monotone robot voice* Wow. I am amazed at the originality of your rant. We have never heard it before. These are all new concepts. Wow. Wow. Wow. *Robot voice over*
|

sociable_recluse wrote:

So long as it's only a fetal life eh, wouldn't want the same courtesy being extended to born humans Wink

I think you're confused..... prolifers want all innocent human beings' lives protected... born AND unborn......
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yodavater wrote:
sociable_recluse wrote:

I think you're confused..... prolifers want all innocent human beings' lives protected... born AND unborn......

correct!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
meblonde01 wrote:
yodavater wrote:
sociable_recluse wrote:

correct!

Why make it conditional on innocence?

Who decides such innocence?
|

sociable_recluse wrote:

Some prolifers are opposed to the death penalty, some are not. Some view self defense as moral, even if you have to kill your attacker, some do not.

But every prolifer I've even known has agreed that it's wrong to kill the innocent.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yodavater wrote:
sociable_recluse wrote:

Some prolifers are opposed to the death penalty, some are not. Some view self defense as moral, even if you have to kill your attacker, some do not.

But every prolifer I've even known has agreed that it's wrong to kill the innocent.

I would hope all would feel it is worng to kill the innocent.. oh sorry, forgot pro-choicers don't.
|

Especially eHealthy
OK AS SAID

this is NOT the abortion debate forum
no one is ignorant here
some people are pro life and some arent
keep your opinions in the FORUM they BELONG IN
|