So....do any of your kids back talk you? Adriana has always been a pretty good little girl. Recently she has started to back talk. She just ripped all her books off her bookcase, so I asked her to please pick them up and put them back. So she said, with a very sassy tone: "NO! I not gonna pick up, I readin'!"
This isn't the first time she's done this, it happens quite a bit. She throws major fits now. Is this the start of the terrible two's? Lord help me if it is.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ava's been throwing tantrums for about 2 months now. I feel your pain. I'm reading The Happiest Toddler on the Block right now.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Maybe I should think about reading that.
I forgot to mention we'll be starting potty training soon. I put underwear on her the other day, just to see what her reaction would be when/if she peed. She didn't even react! I thought for sure she wouldn't like the feeling and that would entice her to use her potty chair. I might try buying a bigger size so the crotch hangs down....maybe she won't like that. Hopefully.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm 1/2 way through. Tonight I get to the part where you learn how to communicate to your toddler. I can't wait to read it. I'll let you know if I recommend it.
The Happiest Baby on the Block saved my life, so I'm sure this one will too. I'm sick of the tantrums and her being so emotional all the time.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
How old are your little ones right now? Hannah's at almost 19 months old and she's right there too. Tantrums don't phase me too much unless they are in public. The thing that really gets my goat is the utter defiance and slap that she gave me the other day because she didn't want me changing her diaper. I just didn't know how to react! I felt like spanking her which would not have been good, so I put her in her crib, said NO HITTING and walked out of the room. you would be amazed how effective a two and a half minute time out is.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Adriana will be 2 in March. She's normally good when it's just me, but if we have anyone over, or she's with both my husband and I, she just turns into a monster!
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2007
Experienced User
hopefulmjz wrote:
Maybe I should think about reading that.
I forgot to mention we'll be starting potty training soon. I put underwear on her the other day, just to see what her reaction would be when/if she peed. She didn't even react! I thought for sure she wouldn't like the feeling and that would entice her to use her potty chair. I might try buying a bigger size so the crotch hangs down....maybe she won't like that. Hopefully.
When my aunt was trying to potty train my cousin she put underwear on her and told her she was wearing big girl pants now. She took her outside and told her that if she had to pee to tell her so that she could take her inside to potty but if she peed herself she could not go in the house. It worked. After a few times of doing that she got the hint and went in the potty.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yikes! Hannah is only terrible at home. When she's out she's polite and puts on her cheezy face. The doctor told me that's a sign of a smart kid. I don't know what to think about that. I think both the girls have been getting feisty because f the holidays and everything being topsy turvy and Geneva being home all day etc etc. I can't wait for this to all be overand things get back to normal.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ava is 13, almost 14 months and tantrums have been going on for a couple of months now. It's ridiculous.
|

replied January 1st, 2008
Especially eHealthy
liam always tells me no. no matter what i say to him. i just ask him if he wants a spanking normally and he goes and does what hes told. very rarely do i actually have to spank him.
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
lol yes. i tell william off for doing something naughty. he pouts, crosses his arm and chats angrily to me. i swear hes already going through his terrible two's lol
|

Especially eHealthy
is it wrong that this stuff sounds cute to me? especially adriana, "i reading"!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
sometimes we have to stop ourselves from laughing at william when he gets into these strops
|

User Profile
replied January 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
BridgetHeartsFinn wrote:
is it wrong that this stuff sounds cute to me? especially adriana, "i reading"!

lol, i was thinking the same thing!
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Oh yes layla is the same. Completely normal just them asserting their 'authority' lol
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....