Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

What's My Chance of Catching Hiv?

I recently was in asia and visited a couple "buy me drinky bars" where the girls talk to you for about 10 minutes per drink. To get you to buy more drinks they will sometimes kiss you. I french kissed one of these girls and felt her up including putting my finger in her vagina. But there was no oral, vaginal, or anal sex (sex being defined genital insertion) . My penis was never touched. Crying or Very sad I wish I had never done it but I did an now i'm worried. The kissing and fingering was short - 5 minutes or less and I realized my mistake and left. What do you think? Am I at a significant risk for hiv infection?

Questionman
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 12th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I think your ok., usually any kinds of disease like that has to be exchanged by bodily fluids. Like by mouth or sex. You finger toughing her, should have been fine. So dont worry. You might want to get tested if it makes you feel better that youre clear.
|

replied September 14th, 2003
Well you might have been infected its all depending, did the girl have a cut in her mouth when you french kissed her did you have any king of cut? You can't transfer the disease by passing saliva. You could probably if you fingered her and had a cut in your fingers

I don't know this is just my opinion
|

replied October 23rd, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
As far as I know, hiv/aids can only be contracted through passing of blood & semen.So, u shud be ok but u know not 2 do this again if ur gonna worry so much
|

replied November 1st, 2003
They Say That...
You cannot get it from saliva. But me personally, I am a little iffy on that one. But like the other person said, you can definitely get it if you had a cut on your finger...Didn't even have to be a big cut..We are dealing with a cell size virus here...You can fit about 1 million cells on the tip of an ink pin...So any cut would be sufficient to allow the virus to be spread. Same goes with the kissing...Any type of cut will do...So if you bit your tongue and it bled a little, or your lip or vice versa..If she bit her tongue or lip.
|

replied November 14th, 2008
stds
i had sex in june o8 and the condom came off without me noticing it once i did i put it back on and i didnt ejaculate what is my chance of catching an std? i did get tested 6 weeks later and everything was negative... How long do u wait before you get tested? My friends say i should be okay but i was reading that for hiv you have to wait 12 weeks or more before they can get an accurate result on hiv? PPl tells me that with new technology that they can detect it like 1 week after exposure is this true?
|

replied December 18th, 2008
can i catch HIV by touching a wound i was putting band aid on
after an hour , i went out to take a piss ( including touching my penis
but im sure my hands were dry

could i be Infected with HIV
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....