I am unable to eat after having gastric by-pass on 9/29/06. When I try to eat it comes back up & I want to vomit. I have lost way too much weight & am 58 y/o. I now have insomnia & I am Bi-Polar. I am also unable to absorb anything I put into my mouth & all tests are negative. I see a psychiatrist & a therapist. Don't know what to do. Help in any way!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
My mom is in the same situation...her gastric bypass was necessary to repair damages from previous operations and she now looks like skin and bones...any helpful reply would be appreciated if anyone know what the hell this is.
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2009
It is a reaction from the surgery. The gastic bypass is so dangerous and most people who get it have adverse reactions like not being able to eat and developing other disorders from it. My biggest suggestion is to convert to a high in nutrient liquid diet. If you can't get solids down, that is the only way to get back up to a healthy weight and get your vitamin levels back to normal.
|

replied November 7th, 2010
Please Help Me
I am a 32yo woman who is unable to eat anything after a gastric bypass in May 2010. I have had 2 revisions, and still no food staying down. I can eat broth every few days, but nothing else. My sergeon is at a loss, and says there is nothing phsically wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions? I cannot stomach those drinks so I survive on OJ and Perkicetts for the severe pain. I have had an ulcer, and now Gall stones. I am slowly dying of starvation, with no hope in sight. I hope someone may hold the answer I need.

Amanda
Canada
|

replied September 24th, 2012
I had gastric bypass surgery in Dec.2011 & I am haaving a very hard time eating. I am also having a hard time staying hydrated. I have been really sick for 3 weeks now with other issues, and cannot seem to kick it. I am weak & feel terrible 95% of the time. I am 38 years old. I have lost 107# & am actually afraid to lose anymore. Any suggestions???
RayeAnn
Michigan
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...