Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Stan, Can You Look? Gtt Results

Fasting 87
1 HR 165
2 HR 98
3 HR 61
4 HR 56

thanks. I started feeling sick about 10 mins before the 4th hour. I get anxiety/panic attacks if I skip a meal and I'm always hungry.
Isn't 165 high for 1hr.

I took my glucose test about 30 mins after I ate a cookie and it was 121. Is that high because I just ate a cookie?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Yeah, that will raise it, but 121 is not considered high. Anything over 140 is considered borderline diabetic, but let me remind you that hypoglycemia is a pre-diabetic condition. But those results are pretty clear. Is there something in particular you wanted me to comment on?
|

replied December 31st, 2007
I just wanted to know how bad my hypoglycemia is by those results. Cause I only feel symptoms when I skip a meal. Otherwise I feel fine. And I don't really want to change my diet. I enjoy cookies and cake and ice cream.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Well then do as you like. I warn you, however, if you continue eating cookies and cake, those symptoms will likely get worse, the sugar drops will get worse and eventually you'll end up with diabetes. If you don't mind checking your sugar every two seconds and shooting up insulin, getting neuropathy, sores on your feet and so forth, go ahead.
|

thank you for the honest answer, but i cant follow the diet. I have IBS. Whole wheat bread gives me severe stomach aches, so do fruits and vegatables and steak. There's nothing for me to eat. the hypoglycemic diet contradicts the IBS diet
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
So the IBS diet consists of cookies and cake? That makes no sense.
|