update on my situation...

I have had a really bad vaginal itch on and off since last Sunday (so about 8 days). I was putting A&D ointment (diaper cream basically) on it and that was helping a little, but I think something else is going on.

I've had a little bit of discharge (white, a bit watery, no scent) and the entrance to my vulva is red. Also, towards the beginning of last week my rectum was itchy as well.

Looking into my vagina I can see that things are a red, and there is a patch of red skin between the bottom of my vulva and rectum. It feels normal to the touch (no flakiness) but I think it might be eczema (I have it near my bikini line as well).

I am DEFINITELY going to the doctor when I go home (am currently at my parents for the holidays) but does anyone have suggestions for me?

Right now I think it might be:

-yeast infection
-BV
-trichomoniasis
-vaginitis

worst fear would be that it's genital herpes though I have no sores and practice safe sex with one partner. I've had cold sores before and know what they look like and there isn't any sign of lumps, bumps or sores on my vagina but I'm so paranoid.

someone please help =)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
id say theres a very good chance its BV or even a yeast infection mayeb or the early stages of one
|

Also, I'm on the pill Kariva (generic of Mircette)...could this be the cause? Since I've been on the pill this has happened the second week into my period.
|

Especially eHealthy
how long have you been on the pill?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
If you are thinking it might be a yeast infection, you should get one of those pee tests for it. That way you could catch it now and treat it on your own with otc stuff.
|

Especially eHealthy
yeah they make vagasil screening test you can buy at any drugstore Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
or maybe its called monistat screening kit?

lol i forgot the name
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You were right the first time; it is vagisil.
|

i've been on the pill for two months.
|

Extremely eHealthy
The pill can cause yeast infections in some people by changing their hormone levels
|

I think i'm going to go to the drugstore to get the Vagisil screening kit (will let me know if my pH is normal--whether it's yeast or BV) and some monistat.

hopefully this will help me...
|

Especially eHealthy
let us know how it goes

i hope you feel better Smile
merry christmas!
|

replied December 25th, 2007
hope everyone had a merry christmas =)

now this is strange...I've felt TOTALLY fine all day long. No itch since last night. Maybe me eating a carton of yogurt and doing the garlic suppository did the trick??

I'm still going to the dr. because I think this is pill related...Maybe my hormones are acting up the second week of my cycle because I'm on Kariva now?

Who knows...
|

replied December 26th, 2007
I got a monistat one day kit today and just used it...hopefully this will work =)

I also bought some acidophalous (sp?) tablets to take with my normal vitamin regime...I'm going to the dr. next week, hopefully this was just a darn YI!!!
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...