Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

hemorrhoids at base of tail bone?

I assume thousands of people must ask this. After looking at several dozen sites and reading many descriptions of hemroids, I do believe I have one but it seems to be too high.

It is at the base of my tail bone, At the very begining of the cleavage formed by the buttcks. It is an inch in length and reaches from butt cheek to butt cheek. There was what seemed like a small zit on it. This popped and I had experienced a large amount of puss oozing out followed by blood.

At first I thought I had minor bruising on my tailbone, I passed out on the couch and sat between the cushions onto the hard frame. I had a bruise by my tailbone for a while before it then began swelling, as I have described. I assume it is a hemroid, but figured I would ask around first.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2008
Supporter
Nope ... hemorrhoids originate from the colon. You'll need a visual examination of the area. Perhaps you're experiencing a complication of the injury.
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2008
Supporter
this is not a hemmorhoid. what you have sounds like a pilonidal cyst. you need to go to the doctor and get antibiotics!
|

replied March 9th, 2008
Yes, its a pilonidal cyst
I had this condition for years and years. It would leak and ooze, as you describe. I saw the doctor and they confirmed what it was. Several family members also had them. If you ask around, discretely, you will find that every other person has them (at least it seems). One day it got really swollen and sore and I got a fever...I got nervous and went to the emergency room. They lanced it and packed it for drainage...this started a long, painful, regretful journey. I was eventually sent to a surgeon who removed it. The recovery was extremely painful and long. I was living from pain pill to pain pill for over a week and couldn't sleep. Today the area is a mass of scar tissue (that is what they wanted to create). My advice is to just put up with it...it won't kill you. The surgery is really bad on this one...and I have had many surgeries.
|
Quick Reply