I am dealing with a TERRIBLE case of the stomach flu. Can't keep anything down. I am supposed to eat dry toast, applesauce, bananas, and drink pedialyte. I think pedialyte has sugar in it but I need something as I can't eat any of the normal allowable foods right now.

Is it OK to have some sugary drinks just to replenish??

Any recommendations, anyone?? Feel terrible!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 30th, 2007
yea... i know how you feel! I found that since the constant loss of fluid and inability to eat foods that are not hypoglycemic safe when feeling sick is a major problem. However, I found that I tolerate foods with a slightly higher sugar dosage than usual because your body simply doesn't have any energy. Try to drink as much veggie/chicken/beef broth as possible. Also, sugar free jello or maybe pudding. I usually end up not eating for a few days until I can tolerate my normal diet. Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Try some plain yogurt, that will help kill the virus, as well as straight, freshly squeezed lemon juice.
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...