Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

pain in neck and stomach during period

Hello, well i noticed back in maybe 2004 that everytime my period is on my neck has a severe constant pain on the right side and i also have a severe almost piercing constant pain on the right side of my stomach. It always happens in the same spots, i stay on my period for five days and sometimes the pain lasts the whole five days and sometimes it only last maybe 1 or 2 days. I've asked doctors about it and they give me a dumb founded look, i was supposed to have tests done but was in the midst of moving and busy with family. I plan to find a doctor here to ask about this problem. I find myself popping 3 to 4 tylenol pills which is very bad but it takes the pain away for maybe an hour or less. Anyway to make a long story short, has anyone else had this problem??? I am 24 years old and this never happened to me until 2004. I have 2 kids, my last child was born in 2001, i do not know if that has something to do with it. I am basically worried that it may be something serious. Any advice or help would be appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 24th, 2007
Bump...anyone??
BUMP!
|

replied December 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i would definately see a dr because i have no idea
could be numerous things
but the stomach pain sounds almost normal
i get that too
the neck thing though idk
|

replied December 26th, 2007
Thanks For the Input
yeah, i am used to stomach cramps but the type of pain that i have is like a pain i cannot describe and stangely the stomach pain and neck pain is always on the right side and constant. i will see a doctor soon. thanks
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Don't overdose on Tylenol. If you need something stronger, you can take ibuprofen.

If the doctor can't find what's the matter, you can try seeing a chiropractor. That would at least help with the pain in your neck. Some times pain that we feel is relocated and has nothing to do with that area where we feel pain. That may be why the doctors can't find anything wrong.
|

replied December 30th, 2007
Tried Ibuprofen
nothing helps, i've tried all of the above...however i was prescribed hydrocodone vicodin) after my tooth was pulled, the pain did not bother me so i did not take the meds. when that time of the month came i decided to try the hydrocodone and it helped...i explained this to my doctor but he did not want to prescribe it because he thought i would become addicted. also, i have not had any test about this problem yet, when i explain what is happening the doctors do not know what is going on. thanks ladies.
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...