I'm wondering what's your toddler's daily schedule as far as naps and bedtime. Anywhere from 12-18 months.

Ava
wakes at 6:30
naps 9:30-11:15
naps 2:45-4:30
bedtime 7:30

I'm thinking of pushing both naps up 1/2 hour to try and wean out that last nap and whether I do that or not I'm moving her bedtime up to 8. She's been crying when I put her down and I think it's because she's not ready for bed.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 22nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
we don't really have a set schedule. finn usually gets up around 7, though these past few days it's been 7:45 (which i love). he goes to be at 8-8:30. he takes 2 naps, the morning one is usually 2 hours and he could go down as early as 8:30 or as late as 11. then he takes an afternoon nap that's usually shorter, even when he takes a late nap and wakes up after 5, he's still ready for bed at 8.

he has more of a set schedule with his meals. he seems to know when it's time to eat and gets upset if i'm running late.
|

Especially eHealthy
ouch if my kids got 2 naps they'd be up til 4 am. They're only supposed to get 12-14 hours sleep a day MAX.

mine get up at 9.. nap from sometimes 1-2 sometimes 1-3 (sometimes for like, 20 minutes lol) then are up til.. well.. we put them IN bed at 9:30.. they sometimes fight it til around 11. (well, Jacob does.. Caty is really really good about going down for sleep.)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Kaylee gets up anywhere from 7-8am. I put her down for her nap at 11 & she usually plays for a little while in her crib & after about 15 minutes she'll fall asleep. She'll usually wake up around 2:30-3:00 & then she goes to bed around 7.
|

Especially eHealthy
even with 2 naps finn averages about 13-14 hours a day. sometimes his second nap is just quiet time and he doesn't actually sleep. he'll just lay in his crib for at least an hour, i can hear him playing with his music thing or singing to himself.

i don't see us transitioning down to one nap anytime soon. he needs his rest.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ava gets anywhere from 13-14 hours of sleep and that's perfectly fine. Some kids need more sleep.
I'm going to keep moving her naps back 15-30 minutes until we're done with that afternoon nap. She may not want though b/c she likes her naps. We'll transistion over the course of a couple of months.
Children around a year should still take 2 naps a day. Some parents may not realize that b/c children this age can disguise their sleepiness. The more tired a child is, the more they'll resist sleep and actually sleep less.
Usually kids make the transistion around 16 months.
Ava's on her own little schedule that she created. She's trying to tell me right now that 730's too early to go down, but knowing her she won't make it passed 800.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Oh, and Ava really doesn't complain to eat. Sometimes she'll go in the kitchen and say "yummy, yummy", but that's usually when I'm getting ready to fix her something.
She'll eat breakfast when she wakes up, duh!
She eats lunch around 12 and dinner around 530.
She'll tell me when it's time for a nap though. When I'm busy she'll turn off the tv and say, "doo doo". If her door's open she'll go turn her lamp on (it's a touch lamp) and turn on her noise machine while I'm fixing her a bottle.
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
williams schedule:
9.30: wakes
10.30: breakfast
12.00: lunch
1.00: nap
6.30: dinner
7.30: bathtime
8.00 - 9.00: play
9.00: bed
|

replied December 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
oh man...yall are SOOOO lucky that yall get 2 naps!!! Or even 2 quiet times...alone...LOL!

Oni wakes up at about 8.
Eats breakfast...
Plays/watches "toons" till about 11/11.30
naps noon till 1...MAYBE
we play and goof off till 3.30
start cooking at 3.30
Daddy comes home for 4.30
We eat dinner for about 5/5.30
play and goof off with Daddy...maybe run some errands...
bath time about 6.30(depending on errands or not)(we bathe her every other night depending on her day)
in bed for about 7/7.30

I WISH that instead of sooooo much play before 3...she'd take a nap...or just lay down...

I can't wait to start trying to continue a schedule, with a newborn with NO schedule!! EEK!! LOL!

Sarah
|

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Dash (who I nanny for)'s schedule is:
7:30- wake up, get dressed, etc
8:00- breakfast
after breafkast till noon-play time
12:00-lunch
1:00-nap, usually wakes up around 3:30
3:30-5- playtime
5:00-dinner
after dinner more playtime
8:00-sleep

(He is 20 months old)
|
Tags: parenting
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....