Medical Questions > Cancer > Prostate Cancer Forum

Link between HPV and Prostate Cancer?

User Profile
A good friend has been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer 25 years after his wife died of Cervical Cancer.

It would seem to me that with HPV, that risk also goes onto the man who can develop Prostate Cancer.

Any information or advise on that?

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Years ago, there were some studies that have suggested a relation between human papilloma virus (HPV) infections and prostate cancer.
HPV types 16 and 18 were not associated with prostate cancer.
There was a possible association between HPV 33 and prostate cancer.
But, the results from most recent studies on this issue appear to rule out a link between prostate cancer and infection with the human papilloma virus (HPV), which causes cervical cancer.
|

replied August 6th, 2008
sex with a husband who has ed
I hate to change the subject, but being women, I want to ask for your opinion. Two years ago, I had a radical prostate surgery. I can only get an erection now using the caverject or edex injections. The injections are given into the penis and last for approximately 2 to 3 hours. Being a female, would this be a negative for you if you were dating or married to the gentleman? It is very hard to go through all this and so planned. I don't mind injecting myself, but it's planned affair that allows some stress. Thanking you in advance.
|

replied October 4th, 2009
What new treatments HPV?
When a women is diagnostes with human papiloma virus. What treatments has to be followed? Is there a medicine to control this?
|

replied July 5th, 2012
More questions about HPV
Can I "catch" HPV from a man who has prostate cancer?
If I have HPV how can I make it go away...can I?
If it doesn't go away, does this mean I now should remain celebate to avoid spreading it?
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....