hey everyone...

I've been on the pill Kariva (generic Mircette) for about three months and have had some issues with vaginal itch for the same time period.

Last month I started get yeast infection like symptons two weeks into my cycle so I ate tons of plain yogurt and used a garlic suppository for a few days and they went away...Now this month it's worse.

Last Sunday around my butt was really itchy (the skin) and the lower lips of my labia were also super itchy. I don't have any discharge, smell and I practice safe sex.

I also have eczema really bad right now on my legs, arms and on the front of my vagina (by the pubic hair) and I'm wondering if maybe I have eczema on my labia as well?

Or maybe this is just a pill side effect that needs to be dealt with?

I have a doctor's appt in a week and a half but I just wanted to see what you guys (or gals) thought.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2007
Supporter
i dont know much about the pill but it very well could be a side effect, maybe you should read up on the pill your taking. Also it really sounds like a yeast infection to me
|

Especially eHealthy
seems like you may have an infection

go to the dr before it spreads
|

is it possible to have a yeast infection with no visible discharge? I've been having a little bit of 'normal' looking/smelling discharge, but the itch feels the same as a yeast infection (it's right at the beginning of my vulva).
|

Especially eHealthy
does the discharge smell foul or bad? if so then you probably have a yeast infection
|

replied December 23rd, 2007
It doesn't smell (not that I can tell). It's a little more than usual but I don't know if that's just because it's close to my period or what.

I did a yogurt suppository last night and I'll do another today. It feels much better after doing that...
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...