Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
I have recently been doing some research about the HIV virus.

I have had unprotected sex before. Once, many years ago - I experimented with anal sex for a few minutes and the event was unprotected. He didn't ejaculate, but I am concerned that I may have opened myself to a terrible risk.

Over the years I have had a couple more moments (the entire event was not unprotected) of unprotected sex, at no point did my various partners ejaculate but I am still concerned.

In the last year I have developed fairly constant acne- for someone who is 22 that seems strange as in my younger years I didn't have any skin problems.

I have also found unexplained bruises on my body in the last couple of months. I do not normally easily bruise.

In the last few months I have also had a re-currance of sty's on my eyelids- something that is also very new to me.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2008
HIV virus and acne
Acne, bruises and sties are not signs of an HIV-infection or AIDS. Nevertheless, any type of unprotected sex is putting yourself at high risk for contracting a sexually transmitted disease including HIV/AIDS. If you had unprotected sex and you are suspicious about HIV, you can request an HIV-test. This is the only way you can confirm or exclude a possible HIV-infection.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.