Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Excision of Osteochondroma On Foot

Hi all!
I have had a lump on my foot for nearly a year now; I've been through hell with the diagonisis. They're still not 100% positive what it is, however, they are removing it in early January. They've called it an Osteochondroma and it's located on my 2nd metarsal.
I know I'm not allowed to do vigorous activity for about 6 - 8 weeks afterward and it requires some time on crutches; other then that, I know nothing. I was hoping someone could give me an idea? Just about the surgery, pain, etc? I have no idea what I'm in for...he just was a bit worried about the surgery because he'd have to move my nerve and an artery aside to get to the area.Also, this is an outpatient procedure - is that normal? (It just seems that in my research a hospital stay was involved??)
Thanks so much!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....