Does anyone know of a link between epilepsy and angina? My 44 year old sister has had grand mal episodes of epilepsy since she was very young, around 5. She had her most severa episode ever about six weeks ago. This weekend she was rushed to emergency because of what looks like angina. She is having an angioplasty done today. Does anyone know if epilepsy can cause heart trouble?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 20th, 2004
Angina
Hello,

i had a tonic-clonic seizure 10 days ago and was hospitalized for 3 days due to a head injury I had during it. Since ive been home, i've experienced what I think is mild angina. I'm terrified that it might be that. I see my neurologist on thursday and will ask him about it. I'll let you know what he says.
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
I have never had any chest pains until two weeks ago. But I think its related. I am having cardiac work ups in a few days.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Angina is described as general chest pain. But when does angina occur? And what types of angina might you be experiencing? Start learning the basics here....
Angina is a symptom of heart problems such as coronary heart disease. But what can trigger chest pain? And who is at risk of developing angina? ...
Angina is a squeezing, burning or tight pressure sensation in the chest. But when should you seek help? When does angina become serious?...