Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Hypothyroidism And Solia

Hey I have Hypothyroidism and just got on Solia. Solia is the kind which is the same amount of hormone every pill... so how safe is it to have sex the first month? I'm really paranoid about getting pregnant, so I'm always uing a condom and spermicidal lube. But yes... who has thoughts o that?

Also, I am on 1000mcg on Synthroid, because well my body doesn't metabolize... is anyone on a similar medication and BC? does it cause you to gain more weight or something? the doctor said they didn't like cancel each other out or anything.. I'm just scared that I'll gain a LOT, I already have trouble being fit.

And even if you aren't on the Thyroid medication, if you're just on Solia. What are your experiences with it? Does it make you gain weight or anything?

~Mo
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Your doctor should be able to tell you if your normal medications interfere with the BC; that should have been discussed at your exam when you listed the other medications you take. As far as it being safe the first month, after one week you are protected.
|

replied December 24th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
you have alot of questions
i think you need to go back and ask your dr all of this
|
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....