Hi to everyone, I am Maria, 27
I used to have really long and irregular menstrual periods (45 days and more). Three years ago I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. My doctor suggested using BCP for a while to regulate my periods. I was on NOVA ring for 2 years. 7 months ago I stopped using them because we decided to conceive. My periods became regular, 30 days. yes I couldn’t conceive for first 2 months, so I bought and used ovulation predictor kit. Still using them. It seems that I do not ovulate. Shocked Sad Also, in august I had an ultrasound done, which confirmed that I do not ovulate. What should I do now? I am in such a bad mood, depressed and so on. What are my options? What are my chances to have a baby?
Sad Sad Sad
I still do urine testing every day for ovulation.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
How did they confirm by ONE ultrasound that you do not ovulate. If you had been having a period then yes you do ovulate. If you doctor had confirmed that you didn't ovulate why did he not pursue it further? Why did he not do tests to find out why so he could help in your journey of ttc?
|

replied December 20th, 2007
When my doctor did ultrasound, he confirmed that I did not ovulate that month. But he told me to wait and TTC next 6 months. And now I am changing my insurance, so I cannot see any doctor.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Ok, that makes a little more sence. Women don't always ovulate every month.

Have you looked into charting your basal body temperature? It is your bodies resting temperature first thing in the morning. It is one of the only ways to know if you are truely ovulating or not. They thermometers are pretty cheap, they run about $7 at walmart. And you can use Fertiltiyfriend.com to chart your temps for free. They give you a great tutorial to show you how everything works.

A lot of us use that sight, so if you have any questions, please let us know!

~baby dust~
|

Yes, the basal body temperature was the first thing I did. I do it every month for 6 months already. My charts are inconclusive. I do not have any spikes. So I assume that I do to ovulate. Also I and my husband have unprotected sex in the most fertile days each month, no luck. Also, I do home test for ovulation, they are always neg.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....