Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

**only 18, Coughing Up Blood, Difficulty Breathing. Cancer?

Today my boyfriend really creeped me out. He said that he has had a really hard time breathing for the last month, and for the last 2 weeks, has been coughing up blood. He said it feels like his right lung can't fill up completely with air, and like there is a weight at the bottom. He's been complaining of this shortness of breath for a year now, and even of pain. He said it hasn't hurt lately though. The catch is that hes only 18 years old, doesn't smoke, works out, and eats healthy. Should I automatically assume that he has lung cancer? Is there anything else at all that this could be? I'm completely devastated today, and its the worst day of my life. Could somebody please help me with my questions asap???

Thanx so much guys,
chewy_mango Crying or Very sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Get him to a Dr. Or e.R. Room asap. I do hope it is nothing serious! It doesn't sound like nothing to mess around with!
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied April 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, you really need to make him go to the doctor. It could be something simple, but then it could be something serious. But if it is serious it is always good to catch it early. Good luck and please let us know what happens.
|

replied November 6th, 2004
I would guess it is quite unlikely to be cancer, but could be any of a number of curable diseases, such as tb.
He needs medical help, and will most likely have a full recovery.
John
|

replied November 11th, 2004
Hi

he's too young to be so sick Sad

please get him to go to the doctor asap and request a lung ct scan and chest x-ray.

Lung cancer might not be probable, but something is certainly going on!

And if it is lung cancer, it could possibly be from another site that has moved to the lungs.

Please let us know how he is.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....