User Profile
The friend of mine who took Duke for me just emailed me.. Duke bit him lastnight & went after his girlfriend too. I was so afraid I was going to get an email like that. He asked me if I know anyone who'd take him or have any ideas of what they can do. I don't know anyone who'll take him & no one wants a dog that bites both kids & adults so there's no sense in putting it in the paper. I don't know what to tell him. We definitely can't take him back though, as much as I miss him, it's not worth the risk to my daughter.. Or any of us for that matter if he's going after adults now.. This suuuuucks..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
oh no!

Sad
|

Especially eHealthy
aw that sucks. i know its sad but maybe he needs to be put down. if hes biting ppl he could easily attack and seriously hurt someone.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I emailed him back & told him to call the humane society & see what they can do. But when I called them the morning after he bit Kaylee they gave me the number to a dog warden.

I don't feel I should be responsible for calling people or taking Duke somewhere though, after all I did find him a new home so THEY should be the ones taking care of it right?? I feel horrible though, I'm crying right now Sad He told me in the email he hated to ask me but he didn't know what to do, he was afriad he would bite his gf while he was at work & I guess she's pregnant so they don't want him biting the baby when it comes...
|

Especially eHealthy
it sounds like no matter what you do he's more than likely going to be put down.. especially if the human society (how ironic a name..Rolling Eyes) gets involved.. they do a lot of tests to tell whether a dog can be adopted out and i can imagine he'd fail nearly all of them :'(
i know it sucks, but i don't know what else to tell you, Mish.
I'm sorry...:'(
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I guess he's going to get ahold of the humane society tomorrow.. I know he's going to be put down but I think it's honestly for the best as bad as that sounds Sad Something is off with him that is making him bite people...
|

Extremely eHealthy
That's too bad about Duke. But just remember you did all you could possibly do. You took it upon yourself to find him a good home when you realized he wasn't a good fit for your family. I don't think there's anything that can be done, and I agree....I think it's for the best.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I know I keep telling myself I did the right thing in finding him a new home Sad I guess I'm just feeling guilty. I know Shane is going to be bummed when I tell him in the mornin when he gets home from work, he was against me getting rid of him to begin with. Can I just rewind back to August & skip over the whole part where we went to the petshop to look for puppies?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm sure he'll be a bit upset, but remind him that Duke could have easily bit Kaylee again had you not gotten rid of him.
I wish we could rewind back to August...that would be great.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I remind him everyday that it could have turned out way worse than it did with Kaylee. He likes making me feel guilty about it though. Oh well though, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
|

Extremely eHealthy
That's too bad.
I guess I'd rather feel guilty about something, than to have something bad happen.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Exactly!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yup yup, and you said it. You do what ya gotta do. But I'm still in favor of the rewind back to August.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Oh man me too! What's the reason for your rewind?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Because then I'd still have my kitty. Sad
|

Especially eHealthy
Sad
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry Sad Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
Adriana still calls for him when we go outside, or she looks out her window.
How does she still remember him?
|

Especially eHealthy
hey michelle i just saw this post

im sorry about this hun. the others are right its best for duke Sad i know its hard but try not to think abuot it ok? you did the best you could. yu tried to find hima better home and sometimes things just dont work out
he will most likely 99.9% chance he will be put down

he will be considered dangerous. Sad
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i'm so sorry michelle Sad
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...