User Profile
Ok so i'm kinda freaking out. My mom called me and told me that she had her yearly TB test. She works in a hospital, and the test gave her a bump, and now she has to get a x-ray to see if it's active TB. I'm scared cause we have ALL been around her. Including sophie. I don't know what happens with a infant, but i have been reading about it and there are meds you can take. I really don't know much about this TB, and how it affects you. Anyone know about it? And are my kids going to be ok?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Hmm I couldn't find much, and what I did find doesn't sound so good

http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK 9O0E&b=35805

I'm sure everything will be ok. Have you called their doctor yet?
|

User Profile
Supporter
wow im so sorry maybe its nothing but a false test? sorry i cant help i hope all is gonna be ok hun
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Well i haven't called the doctor yet cause she doesn't know if it's active TB, or just in her system. It's really freaking my out. You think i should call the doctor even if we don't know what her test is?
|

User Profile
I know talking to the Dr. would make me feel better. Maybe give you a better idea of what to expect either way.
|

User Profile
I hope shes ok!

This reminded me of my mom a few years ago so I thought I'd share..

My mom works at a hospital too and when she got her yearly test a few years back it got really red and big so of course they thought it was positive and put her on a few medicines she had to take daily. Two other nurses in the hospital came up with positive tests also. Well several months later, they found out that the nurse who had administered the test had grabbed the wrong medicine out of the fridge when she gave them the shot and thats why it came out 'positive'.. So needless to say there were MANY unhappy people. Luckily no harm was done but we still think about what could have happened if my mom had been on unneeded meds for *too* long and such.
|

Especially eHealthy
call the dr holly its better to be safe than sorry hun
|

Especially eHealthy
i hope it's nothing! my brother had the positive reaction to it once, but it turned out to be a reaction caused by something else (i can't remember what but it was harmless).
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Wow that is scary! I hope everything's going to be alright!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i kinda know how you feel, trevor just got back from bahrain and while he was there apperently a few people from a squadron that worked with his got tb, he needs to go to the doc and get the test (ya think they would have done that before he came home to a 6 month old baby but thats the military for ya) so waiting is killing me

just having that possibility hanging over our heads is horrible

i hope everything turns out fine for you sophie your mum you other daughter (cont think of her name sorry) and everyone else in your family

~alicia~
|

Especially eHealthy
even if she ~does~ test positive for it again, its completely curable.. just uncomfortable for a bit Sad

dont worry.. she works in a hospital.. she's bound to test for minute amounts of a lot of stuff her body hasnt made immunities for yet.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...