Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Sarcoidosis skin rash ?

User Profile
Should I go for another opinion on these lesions. My pulmonary doctor says I should. This will be the fourth derm. I have seen. I asked for a biopsy at the past 3 appts and none was done. When I was 3-4 y/o my family physician felt I had leukemia and had blood counts every week as my cells were reversing and he did not know why. I was it was all due to my tonsils which were removed. The rash is on the back of my neck, my arms, my back just recently all of these rashes keep returning. I have tried all kinds of meds for them prescribed and nonprescribed. I had the most beautiful skin and my face particularly on the left side is totally a mess. Yes, I am a picker and just when I used peroxide and tried medication including acne medication I feel it is improving, however, it always comes back. It never was itchy but the past few months has become terribly itchy. I am running a low temperature which I told my pulmonary doctor so he is aware of this. Please advise. Many thanks. Mary Ann

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2008
Sarcoidosis skin rash ?
You wrote:

"List of food or medicine allergies: sulphur, epinephrine

List of family related illnesses: heart disease stroke lung problem

List of pre-existing conditions: sarcoidosis, paralyzed left hemidiaphragm. sarcoid since 1978 biopsy proven with mediastin. and paralyzed left diaphragm since 11/06

List of other diseases, conditions, or injuries and their treatment: eosinophilia on and off, rash which has persisted for three years on and off but is getting worse on back, face bleeds easily. I have been to three derms and no biopsy has been done. I am S/P non q wave MI at 41 y/o

Current medical treatment: anxiety meds, bp meds. May I add that I could not fill in the children section as I previously stated I do not have any children. I had to fill t his in, however, in order to send it"

The rash that you describe could be due to your primary disease – sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis is a chronic inflammatory disease that is believed to be an immunological disorder. The exact cause of the condition is unknown. Sarcoidosis can affect all the organs on the body, including the skin. Long term treatment of sarcoidosis via corticosteroids can also cause skin lesions as a side effect.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.